Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I import new skin and make it work?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I import new skin and make it work?

I want to import the Freshly skin and make it work similar to the demo. I want my header fixed when I scroll down. Is it best to reset my current settings and start fresh?

You do not have to reset Dynamik settings (but you can, if it doesn´t matter). Just import the skin.
    Regarding the content: Widgets might pop out of place when you change skin and import widgets from the demo. They´re not lost, you´ll find them in the "keep settings/unused sidebar" area in Appearance - Widget usually.

Comment

When I imported the Freshly skin there was no appearant change. Do I have to import widgets or upload plugins to have the freshly skin function like the demo?

Comment

This explains the whole procedure along with the demo content

http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...amik-skin-demo

Cheers!
        Lyle

Comment

Originally posted by Sniffle Valve View Post

Cheers!
          Lyle
          Thanks! I am downloading tonight. I will advise how this works.

Comment

Cheers!i
            Lyle
            I followed the instructions. I installed the freshly demo. I installed the gravity forms. No change. The instructions were kind of vague.
            1. Make sure Dynamik Website Builder is currently active and that your Skin has been successfully Imported. Done
            2. Install and activate the free "Widget Importer & Exporter" Plugin so you can Import the Widget Content. Done
            3. Download the attached Gravity Forms and Skin-specific zip files (so you are downloading 2 zip files in total) and unzip them on your computer to reveal the files inside. Done
            4. Import the appropriate files to Import the demo content. Please note that the Gravity Forms Import file will only work with the Gravity Forms Plugin so if you do not own that Plugin and have it installed you will have to use another contact form Plugin and set it up manually. Also note that importing the WordPress Import file is done through your Tools > Import admin page. Done

Here are the 3 files that I uploaded and installed. Maybe someone could elaborate how to correctly install them.

I imported the first 2 through the gravity forms importer.

gravityforms-export-skin-demos.xml
            freshly.wordpress.xml/
            freshly-widgets.wie

This is the errors that pop up after the install. Can someone explain the EZ widgets? Thanks for all the help!

"Header Right Custom Menu No Title Widget already exists Primary Sidebar enews-ext Cobalt Apps Newsletter Site does not support widget Recent Posts No Title Widget already exists Categories No Title Widget already exists Search No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_home_top_1 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - Featured Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_home_middle_1 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - Featured Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_home_middle_2 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - Featured Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_home_bottom_1 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - Featured Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_home_bottom_2 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - Featured Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_feature_top_1 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Text No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_fat_footer_1 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Genesis - User Profile About the author... Widget already exists dynamik_ez_fat_footer_2 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) Recent Posts No Title Widget already exists dynamik_ez_fat_footer_3 Sidebar does not exist in theme (using Inactive) simple-social-icons Connect with us! Site does not support widget Categories No Title Widget already exists"

Comment

I imported the first 2 through the gravity forms importer.
              That is where your errors arise.
              It's very important to follow the instructions carefully

Please have another read of the instruction on that link and watch the video

ONLY the gravityforms-export-skin-demos.xml is imported with the gravity forms importer.

Comment

That is where your errors arise.
                It's very important to follow the instructions carefully

Please have another read of the instruction on that link and watch the video

ONLY the gravityforms-export-skin-demos.xml is imported with the gravity forms importer.
                I did not realize there was a video. Thanks! When I loaded the instructions, it did not look like a video.

Comment

I watched the video and imported the freshly skin as per the video. Imported the widgets through the widgets importer/exporter.

My website does not look remotely close to the Freshly Demo. I must be missing something major.

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of what you have or describe in greater detail what doesn't look like the demo. I just installed it on a local test site and it works.

That said, however, there is one BIG detail missing from the instructions (maybe this is what is up with your install) and that is, in order to get the 5 posts to display on the home page, you HAVE to go into each of the 5 widget areas and just click the Save button; then the post will display (guess how I found that out )

Let me amend that: TWO items missing. The other one is getting the secondary menu to display; it has to be enabled manually. Appearance > Menus > Select a menu to edit: > select the Secondary Navigation menu, then click Select. Then scroll to the bottom in Menu settings and click the Secondary Navigation menu and Save Menu.
                    Last edited by Sniffle Valve; 10-20-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Can you provide a screenshot of what you have or describe in greater detail what doesn't look like the demo. I just installed it on a local test site and it works.

That said, however, there is one BIG detail missing from the instructions (maybe this is what is up with your install) and that is, in order to get the 5 posts to display on the home page, you HAVE to go into each of the 5 widget areas and just click the Save button; then the post will display (guess how I found that out )

Let me amend that: TWO items missing. The other one is getting the secondary menu to display; it has to be enabled manually. Appearance > Menus > Select a menu to edit: > select the Secondary Navigation menu, then click Select. Then scroll to the bottom in Menu settings and click the Secondary Navigation menu and Save Menu.
                      Even after importing the widgets, I got errors telling me that some of the widgets are missing.

With that said, I hired someone from Fiverr.com to install a new theme because I was too stumped trying to get Dyanamki to work. Everyone that I have talked too so far loves Dynamik! Maybe something is corrupted on my website. I want to use Dynamik but I do not want to fool around anymore on the technical side as it's distracting me from the creative side.

I am launching a new website in a few weeks and I will install Dynamk with the Freshly skin. I have high expectations that it will look exactly like the demo theme.

Comment

Hiring someone on Fiverr.com did not pan out. It's difficult to communicate with many of the vendors due to the language barrier. I want to give this another try.

Comment

• Sogwap
                          Sogwap commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Dynamik is a very powerful WordPress theme, however unless you have experience using Dynamik/Genesis, most developers screw it up, and often will ruin the installation.

What are the 5 widget areas that you are referring to?

Thanks

Comment

EZ Home Top #1, EZ Home Middle #1, EZ Home Middle #2, EZ Home Bottom #1, EZ Home Bottom #2 - each of these has a Genesis Featured Posts widget; just expand the widget, scroll to the bottom of it and click Save.

Hiring someone on Fiverr.com did not pan out. It's difficult to communicate with many of the vendors due to the language barrier. I want to give this another try.
                          You could always try this http://snifflevalve.com/online-training/

Comment

Sniffle Valve, thanks for the response and my apologies for not getting back to you. I installed a new theme and got it working. However, the site does not seem as fast with the new theme. I think a session with Sniffle Valve is a good option to learn.

Comment

Working...
                            X