Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to create sticky header with site title and nav menu?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create sticky header with site title and nav menu?

I'd like to have a sticky header which includes the site title and nav - like on the Cobalt Apps main site and the "Freshly" skin (though probably without the transition used in Freshly).

I'm wondering if there's a simple way to add this to the Digital Press skin.

I could just start with the Freshly skin, but I've invested some time in customizing Digital Press, and would prefer to not have to start over and re-create those customizations in Freshly. I could experiment with exporting settings from Digital Press to Freshly, but I have a hunch that could end up being a mess.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Bob

You would basically change the setting in Dynamik Design - Header which centers the logo to have it left instead and use the setting for sticky header which was implemented last year.
    https://cobaltapps.com/implement-fix...ilder-designs/

Then you go to Appearance - Widgets and drag a menu widget into Header Right area.

I think that should do it (can´t currently test though).

Comment

Thanks, SiGa!

There's no setting in Dynamik Design > Header to align the title area/logo left. (It only has a check box for centering it.) The main thing is to make sure that box is un-checked, because checking it disables the header right widget area!

I didn't know about widget for placing the menu in the header - thanks!

I also needed to reduce the top margin to remove the space where the before-header menu used to be, and adjust the width of the title area to make room for the menu.

This results in the basic functionality I was looking for, but the responsive design settings aren't right for iPhone and iPad. At this point, it's probably easier to just go with the Freshly skin. Glad I tried, though!

Comment

Yeah, the Header Right Menu behaves different per default but there´s a checkbox in Dynamik Design - Responisve (click Show/Hide button). You can replace Header Right Menu with Primary Menu on mobiles which will give you the hamburger option then. I did this on my free skin, see heading "Menus":
        https://sg-demo.com/amare-basic/setup/

If that is what you meant to say.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
          Yeah, the Header Right Menu behaves different per default but there´s a checkbox in Dynamik Design - Responisve (click Show/Hide button). You can replace Header Right Menu with Primary Menu on mobiles which will give you the hamburger option then.
          I was not aware of that setting. It does bring back the hamburger menu on my iPhone, but the site title is messed up - it's above the Navigation menu and partially obstructed by it.

And on the iPad, the menu isn't sticking and the menu doesn't fit in a single row...

Thanks!
          Last edited by BobK; 05-17-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            Can you please file a ticket with support then, and give them a URL to look at? I think the menu not being sticky on mobiles is intentional but for the "messed up" title, it´s necessary to inspect the actual site.
        Working...
        X