Brand new here, what do need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new here, what do need?

I am new to Dynamik, I know I need the Genesis child theme, what else? I am wanting to customize a site totally to be similar to my current WP theme. What plugin's do I need to obtain that?

Imagine Dynamik being the "frame" of your site, it only drives the look but nothing else. It´s not like those mega themes including a lot of plugins - there´s no plugin whatsoever. It´s a do-it-yourself theme. Just a theme.

We don´t know what your setup was before and what features were included. But whatever plugin(s) you had and is important for your content - you´ll need them again. Or similar ones that will do the job.

Comment

Thanks! I wasnt sure if I need the Beaver plugin, etc. If you don't mind take a look at https://knowyougo.com

Comment

That´s Avada.... Well when I put your URL here, I will get a list of plugins: http://whatwpthemeisthat.com/
        But you would see them in your dashboard also, right?
        You will need them all again. Or similar, as mentioned. And yes, for that number of rows I would probably go with a pagebuilder. Beaver is fine.
        Last edited by SiGa; 07-22-2017, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Yes it is Avada. I shall not comment! I am going through the knowledgebase videos trying to learn. I am stuck on the navigation, the tutorial instructs to go to Genesis>Theme Settings...then scroll down to navigation. There is no navigation!

Comment

Which video (URL)? Menu settings are in Appearance - Menus.
            For new topics, can you please start a new thread with a fitting title? Thank you.
            Last edited by SiGa; 07-24-2017, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
              That´s Avada.... Well when I put your URL here, I will get a list of plugins: http://whatwpthemeisthat.com/
              But you would see them in your dashboard also, right?
              You will need them all again. Or similar, as mentioned. And yes, for that number of rows I would probably go with a pagebuilder. Beaver is fine.
              Just purchased Beaver Plugin, only to find out it is not compatible wit the Dynamik builder, is that correct?

Comment

No, that´s not correct. Just put "Beaver Builder" in forum search. And in the Showcase section, you´ll find the newest site I built, including Beaver Builder. So, what caused that conclusion?

Comment

I downloaded it, installed in plugins, then tried to activate, the following error came up. So what am I doing wrong?

Comment

Ahm... You need to be clear when you talk about "Beaver plugin". There are actually many products around starting with the word "Beaver"....

There is a "Beaver Builder" pagebuilder plugin which I was talking about (and thought you were, too). https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com
                    I would probably go with a pagebuilder. Beaver is fine.
                    Seems you bought the "Beaver Extender" plugin which would only work with the Beaver Theme, not Genesis/Dynamik. And it´s not a pagebuilder.
                    Now if that wasn´t what you meant to buy, you can get in contact with CobaltApps support from your My Account page and ask for your money back. Point to this thread, they will understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
                      Ahm... You need to be clear when you talk about "Beaver plugin". There are actually many products around starting with the word "Beaver"....

There is a "Beaver Builder" pagebuilder plugin which I was talking about (and thought you were, too). https://www.wpbeaverbuilder.com

Seems you bought the "Beaver Extender" plugin which would only work with the Beaver Theme, not Genesis/Dynamik. And it´s not a pagebuilder.
                      Now if that wasn´t what you meant to buy, you can get in contact with CobaltApps support from your My Account page and ask for your money back. Point to this thread, they will understand.
                      I have been researching the past 24 hours, emailed Dynamik back. I am still unclear WHY I would need 2 builders? Dynamik/Beaver? Logically 1 builder should do the work.

Comment

Sorry, I don´t know anything about your knowledge when it comes to WordPress and related things but I think I saw your thread on Facebook and it seemed to me you might be confused with the difference between a theme and a pagebuilder, as Avada provided both for you....

There is a profound difference between those two:

- One helps you to build a theme (Dynamik Website Builder) ===> THEME
                        - One helps you to build and style the content of pages (Beaver Builder) ====> CONTENT

For WordPress, you will always need a theme for the layout. The theme will also provide basic styling for the content. If you only need very simple pages and posts, you´ll be fine. But if you need more fancy things and styling on pages, you can go with a pagebuilder.

Imagine Dynamik being the "frame" of your site, it only drives the look but nothing else. It´s not like those mega themes including a lot of plugins - there´s no plugin whatsoever. It´s a do-it-yourself theme. Just a theme.

Comment

You probably did see a post on FB! I am not knocking Dynamik's product, not at all, please do not take it like that. I found your product based on reviews, otherwise I would not be here!

I think I got it now!! I am a visual learner, so just as a suggestion, a visual graphic might be good for people like me on your advertising. Just a suggestion. Off to add the Beaver Builder on to my little package.

Comment

Sydney, this is a community forum and I´m not the developer nor am I part of support team - I´m just a voluntary Mod here. I´m under the impression that you didn´t fully understand what Dynamik does or is and what not, but I´m surely not saying you´re knocking it.
                            As I mentioned on FB, you might want to try the free versions of any pagebuilder before buying a license, so you can compare and see which one is easier to handle for you and how they work.

The CobaltApps site does have pictures of Dynamik here and also descriptions, but if you do have suggestions how to improve that, you might want to tell support if you´re in contact already.
                            https://cobaltapps.com/downloads/dyn...bsite-builder/

Comment

Working...
                            X