Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaver Builder DWB Problem

Hey All,

I've been using Genesis and DWB for a couple years now and love it. Recently (through here) I learned about Beaver Builder and took the plunge and bought it too. I am using BB on my first project with Genesis DWB and am running into a snag with the margin between nav and first builder row.

I figured out how to add the full width page templates (without default sidebar) but I notice it's adding a large amount of white space between my top navigation and the first builder row. I seem to be able to fix it by adding negative margins to the top field but read somewhere else that a negative margin isn't a good solution.

I've attached a screen shot of my issue.

I am using the full width page template that was posted on here previously. My problem is the white space between navigation and my first builder row which will be a slider, either slidedeck2 or revolution.

Beaver Builder elements have 20px margin top and bottom automatically. Have you looked at the First Builder Element > Wrench > Advanced > Margin top? If it is a shaded 20px, change it to 0.

Otherwise, Firebug?

Comment

Originally posted by Kellylise View Post
      Beaver Builder elements have 20px margin top and bottom automatically. Have you looked at the First Builder Element > Wrench > Advanced > Margin top? If it is a shaded 20px, change it to 0.

Otherwise, Firebug?
      Yes, I found those and set to 0 but there is still a margin showing up... I am trying to accomplish something like this http://bit.ly/1Ac5RUy

There is a very tiny border around the nav that separates the nav/slider. This is usually easy with genesis and DWB but beaver builder has added something that is not making this possible for me. I can fix it with negative margins but then the editing tab in beaver builder gets pushed behind the nav and can't access it.

Now I am also realizing that the full-width page template is not actually doing full width either... The background elements (color) is still held inside the container even with the width set to FULL.

Comment

You can see in this screenshot I've managed to reduce the space between nav and my slider but at 0 pixels it's still present. Also you can see how the 1st Row Element has an assigned background color. It's also set to full width but the color is only showing lightly around the slider... It's supposed to color the entire row full-width...
        bb-builder-problems.jpg
        This concept is great with DWB and BB but it's not very user friendly right now for such a basic genesis function that I am used to with DWB.

Comment

Without an URL we can only guess.
          The margin/padding/border could be coming from DWB, BB or the slider.

I'm working on a (unfinished) site using DWB, Beaver Builder and Meta slider where the menu and slider are flush:
          http://www.fusionproducts.ca/home-page/

As Kelly mentioned I had to remove the default margins from both the row and widget to make it flush. No negative margins are used.

Comment

• berryc
            berryc commented
            Editing a comment
            Great looking site!

Yes, my bad. Here is a link to the site. http://bit.ly/1vxs0se you can see

Plugins:

- Beaver Builder
          - Genesis Simple Edits
          - Google XML Sitemaps
          - Social Media Widgets
          - Gravity Forms
          - SlideDeck2

I love what you've done with that site! I usually accomplish this easily with just Genesis and DWB so not sure what the issue is.

Here is one of the sites I've built using Genesis and DWB. I am so excited to find Beaver Builder but just need to get this sorted.

http://bit.ly/1Dwqs8k

Comment

Firebug shows both a 5px border and 5px margin coming from BB:

.fl-node-54e133a11d39e .fl-row-content-wrap {
            background-color: rgba(25, 227, 197, 1);
            }

.fl-row-content-wrap {
            padding: 5px;
            }

.fl-row-content-wrap {
            margin: 5px;
            }

As for the Fusion site. I am coding the site, as you can see it is unfinished, the design is from an Adobe Illustrator file provided by the graphic artist

Comment

Originally posted by Sogwap View Post
              Firebug shows both a 5px border and 5px margin coming from BB:

.fl-node-54e133a11d39e .fl-row-content-wrap {
              background-color: rgba(25, 227, 197, 1);
              }

.fl-row-content-wrap {
              padding: 5px;
              }

.fl-row-content-wrap {
              margin: 5px;
              }

As for the Fusion site. I am coding the site, as you can see it is unfinished, the design is from an Adobe Illustrator file provided by the graphic artist
              Cool thanks! So where in BB do I edit these?

Comment

OK - I think I fixed it. I found another margin under Tools ---> Global Settings ---- Margin = 5px. I changed that to 0 and now it seems to line up correctly. My next problem is that I am using the full width beaver builder template that Dynamik Beaver shared (Colin) and it's not making the row full width despite having it set to full width. I must be missing something, I followed his video to a Tee...

Comment

• Sogwap
                  Sogwap commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On the page itself did you select Beaver Builder template?
              Working...
              X