Functions lacking in new vBulletin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Functions lacking in new vBulletin

Three useful functions of the old vBulletin forum that appear to be missing in the new:
    1. Bookmarkable New Posts page (the Todays Posts URL is query-strung to the current date).
    2. Indication of posts in which the logged in user has participated (was green circle with tick).
    3. Direct link to last post in a thread (was blue >> next to last posters name).
    Strange that vBulletin should leave these out. Maybe there's a lever to pull in the back end.
    Last edited by Jonny; 08-09-2013, 08:34 PM.

+1
    Also, is there an account setting somewhere for "automatically subscribe to every thread I answer or comment to"? I´m under the impression the email notifications from forum don´t work like they should - but could be me.

Comment

It's not just you Siga, same thing here...

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, makes me feel better. I noticed I don´t even always get emails when I intentionally subscribed to a thread (which took me some time because I´m used to being subscribed as soon as I answer)

http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
        +1
        Also, is there an account setting somewhere for "automatically subscribe to every thread I answer or comment to"? I´m under the impression the email notifications from forum don´t work like they should - but could be me.
        Have you tried this?

My Profile > Edit Settings > Notifications > Email Notifications

Comment

• SiGa
          SiGa commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, Email Notifications are ON (and everything else on this page LOL). Repeated to go there and check this, anyway I hardly get any notifications.
          For example this thread - when I answer or comment here, should I get a notification when other comments are added, regarding my settings? I don´t. So if I forget to click this "Subscribe" button on top, it´s hard to find the threads I participated again. Wish that was a setting in my profile but seems it is not?
          Last edited by SiGa; 08-10-2013, 11:06 AM.

When I click 'Latest Posts' the list is generally blank for me - so I end up using "Today's Posts"
        It would be nice if that "Today's Posts" link was always visible - to go back now is a two step process (I know using the browsers back button works, but that does not refresh the list to show you which ones you have visited !
        Cheers, Dave

Comment

• SiGa
          SiGa commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally aggree - the second-line menu from the forum frontpage should always be visible.

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
        Three useful functions of the old vBulletin forum that appear to be missing in the new:
        1. Bookmarkable New Posts page (the Todays Posts URL is query-strung to the current date).
        2. Indication of posts in which the logged in user has participated (was green circle with tick).
        3. Direct link to last post in a thread (was blue >> next to last posters name).

Strange that vBulletin should leave these out. Maybe there's a lever to pull in the back end.
        +1 totally agree.

Comment

Has anyone ever had any notifications ?
          I have mine configured correctly, but have never received one !
          Dave

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            No, I only get notifications for threads I have started myself, no others. Justme told me it´s a bug in vBulletin 5. Yes, it´s annoying not to get any notifications for threads I participated...

I miss it where they actual category displayed differently when a new post was present within that category.

Comment

Working...
          X