Feedback for forum admins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for forum admins

I've noticed that occasionally there is a new thread from someone with no title/link (currently one from Robyn).
    But if I click on Robyn's name on that thread, it takes me to a message that Robyn sent to someone.
    So I'm guessing this blank entry is the private message & I'm also guessing no-one should be able to see that private message- but you can !!!!!!
    Cheers, Dave

Good pick up Dave. Eric needs to fix this.

Eric can you update this thread and let your community know when this has been fixed.

Comment

Hey guys,

We were running vBulletin 5.0.3 and version 5.0.4 was recently released so after reading this thread and then checking the bugs that were fixed by 5.0.4 (and seeing several of the issues mentioned here) I went ahead and updated vBulletin. So hopefully that will take care of most, if not all of these vBulletin bugs.

Just keep in mind, though, that this is exactly what these are (i.e.. vBulletin bugs). These are not issues with our setup or our software, etc.. and with a massive piece of software like vBulletin we can only do our best to keep it up-to-date and hope that each update fixes the previous bugs, but there will always be some that are not fixed and some new ones created. That's just the nature of software, especially large apps like this one.

And updating vBulletin is not like updating WordPress where you just click a link and ten seconds later it's done. With vBulletin we're talking downloading a large zip file, editing some of the files inside, manually uploading and overwriting the current forum files and folders, running an upgrade script, etc.. And in some cases, like this one, you have to upgrade parts of your server (we had to upgrade to a newer version of MySQL. And of course all this requires that the forum is closed down for a bit and so on.

So just know that if you find some "glitches" in the forum it's not necessarily something we can fix ourselves. Sometimes it's just a matter of waiting for the next update to hopefully fix the bug and then carving out some time to run through the above described update process.

Eric

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, that´s why we got a vBulletin favicon for this site now lately...
        I SO hope that notification problem is finally solved!
        Last edited by SiGa; 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM.

Thanks Eric - appreciate you being on top of this - probably the last thing you need is looking after forum software while your working magic on the next update
      Cheers, Dave

Comment

Eric, there are still no notification emails for PM´s or threads we are subscribed to. I only get an email if I created a thread myself and somebody answers it, but in no other case. In my profile, everything regarding notifications was set to ON (or checked) from the very beginning...

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
          Eric, there are still no notification emails for PM´s or threads we are subscribed to. I only get an email if I created a thread myself and somebody answers it, but in no other case. In my profile, everything regarding notifications was set to ON (or checked) from the very beginning...
          That’s still an ongoing vBulletin bug AFAIK.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-5-connect/vbulletin-5-connect-questions-problems-troubleshooting/vbulletin-5-support-issues-questions/3982496-bugs-subscriptions-notifications-are-not-working-please-vote-to-fix

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            Jeez - you´d even have to vote to get this fixed in 5.0.5.... "Months away"? Oh no, not really, please... Thanks anyway for the info, justme.

Well now that’s funny - I just received an email notification to this thread. So maybe it works now - fingers crossed.

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn´t....

By the way: How many posts does it need to finally get rid of "Junior Member"? LOL Seems the number is much higher than in Catalyst forum...

Comment

Working...
          X