Hooks into DWB interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooks into DWB interface

No offense Eric, but it takes you forever to do anything with DWB in the way of updates and your priorities rarely match those of us using it in the field.

Any chance you could add hooks so that we can add our own features into the DWB interface? That would free you up to concentrate on the "big things" that take you months or years to get done and might allow you to do more releases more often.

Hey Dave,

I totally agree that I could be pushing out more frequent DWB updates. I've had a few Plugin projects take way longer than expected and then not go the way I had hoped. I'm putting my attention back on DWB as we speak, but can't promise any particular feature as right now I'm just working on some bug fixes and refinements.

By the way, throwing a bunch of passive aggressive jabs my way doesn't make me hear you any more clearly.

Eric

Comment

• Gregg
      Gregg commented
      Editing a comment
      "I've had a few Plugin projects take way longer than expected and then not go the way I had hoped. I'm putting my attention back on DWB as we speak"

I think that's the right way to go. So I'm glad to hear that. I do have a question regarding this. In your blog post, "The Cobalt Apps Focus For 2015," you mentioned a coming plugin:

"A New Plugin On Its Way

First, I plan on finishing our latest Genesis Plugin which will nicely complement our Genesis Extender Plugin, filling in the gap of no-coding design that Extender leaves open. This Plugin should be in beta form soon and available to all members in the very near future."

I assumed this would be a plugin similar to Design Palette Pro. Have you now decided against doing this? I asked in the comments of the blog post a couple of weeks ago. But it's still in moderation. Thanks.

• eric
      eric commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I ended up putting this project on the back burner. Much of it was finished, but a few issues came up that led me to set it aside for now.

Eric

Sorry, I have been working 70 to 80 hours a week for several months straight and anything that slows me down makes me more cranky than just the lack of sleep. The good news is that I finally convinced my boss to hire a full-time assistant to help me with coding.

Let me say that I now completely understand WHY you abandoned Catalyst for Genesis. Smart move and what you've done with DWB to enhance Genesis just absolutely ROCKS! The Catalyst forum was great and a lot of wonderful people there to help with various issues, but not nearly the size of the Genesis community. The folks here are awesome with helping out, but generally a quick Google search and I find someone in the Genesis community who has an answer.

I do think, however, that putting in some hooks to the DWB interface would let a lot of us help you out by creating DWB extensions ourselves.

Comment

• eric
      eric commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem. I totally understand. Trust me.

Regarding your suggestion, I'll keep that in mind as we move forward.

Eric

Been over 4 months, any news on this?

Comment

Working...
    X