Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Thank you so much Eric for the 1.8.1 update, especially the Page Builder page template, as I am a fervent Beaver Builder fan and this make things so much more tidier

I know that it can be done by using Junior Atom's fantastic code, but as with the Page Builder template, a baked-in Page Builder Landing Page would be a very welcome addition

Cheers!
    Lyle

Thanks for the page builder template.
    It works nicely with Beaver Builder except for the price tables that get pretty sqeezed (hight). Junior Atom's code still work better in that regard.
    Se attached images!

Comment

• Sogwap
      Sogwap commented
      Editing a comment
      I found several issues where Dynamik overwrote code done by BB.
      Also there are several ways to impliment fullwidth pages.

The Latest Dynamik 1.81 page builder does have about the cleanest code. But it also forces certain color and padding within CSS.
      Maybe BB can adjust their code to override Dynamik defaults. ??
      None the less it generally works well but the DWB template may not be ideal for everyone.

Thanks for the update team.

Comment

Meztli -

It appears that the PB CSS is overriding the BB CSS. An easy fix

Code:
      .dynamik-page-builder .site-inner ul li, .archive-page ul li, .entry-content ul li, .dynamik-widget-area ul li {
          list-style-type: square;
          margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px;
          padding: 0px;
      }

Code:
      .fl-pricing-table .fl-pricing-table-features li {
          border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
          text-align: left;
          padding: 13px 4px; <<< being overridden by the PB code above
      }

Comment

• Meztli
        Meztli commented
        Editing a comment
        I did try the code, but BB still not working as intended.

Originally posted by 2ninerniner2 View Post
      Meztli -

It appears that the PB CSS is overriding the BB CSS. An easy fix

Code:
      .dynamik-page-builder .site-inner ul li, .archive-page ul li, .entry-content ul li, .dynamik-widget-area ul li {
      list-style-type: square;
      margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px;
      padding: 0px;
      }

Code:
      .fl-pricing-table .fl-pricing-table-features li {
      border-bottom: 1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.15);
      text-align: left;
      padding: 13px 4px; <<< being overridden by the PB code above
      }
      Thanks a lot 2ninernine2. Much appricated.
      Eric should really update the page builder template. If extra code is a must to get the template to work properly, why not contiinue to use Junior Atoms template code?

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        Because you would double big parts of code that´s already implemented in Dynamik now. But if that doesn´t disturb you, you can of course.

The main problem I have seen with the new built-in DWB page builder template is that Dynamik forces certain color, font sizes, margin and padding that overwrite BB code.
      However if you simply remove the Dynamik CSS, you lose all the default formatting. For example all H1-H6 tags are unformated.

I think ideally BB needs to give more importance to some of the code it is writing as default so that it trumps DWB.
      Last edited by Sogwap; 07-27-2015, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hey guys,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I know the Dynamik Page Builder Template is not yet perfect (if there is such a thing), especially with regards to the Dynamik CSS overriding the BB CSS. The problem is that either way you'll find some people unhappy. If you make it so the Dynamik content styles override the BB styles you have some who would expect their Dynamik Content styles to take precedence, keeping their overall site design consistent, while others will find it to "get in the way of BB". And if you go the other direction then you have some who are happy and others who are wondering why their Content Paragraph Font Type is not working on their BB pages.

I'm thinking what might make sense is to have an option in Dynamik Settings > General that allows you to choose whether or not you want Dynamik to override these BB styles or not. What do you guys think? If not that, what would you suggest? Keep in mind what I said above, that there are plenty of members who expect these Dynamik styles to take precedence.

Eric

Comment

By the way, a simple solution right now is to just add the following code to your Dynamik Custom > Custom Functions:
          Code:
          add_filter( 'body_class', 'custom_remove_dpb_body_class', 20, 2 );
          function custom_remove_dpb_body_class( $classes ) {
              if( is_page_template( 'page-builder.php' ) ) {
                  foreach( $classes as $key => $value ) {
                      if( $value == 'dynamik-page-builder' )
                          unset( $classes[$key] );
                  }
              }
              return $classes;
          }
          This will simply remove the dynamik-page-builder body class on your Page Builder Page Template pages, disconnecting the Dynamik Content Styles from such pages. Let me know if that's essentially what you guys are going for. I'm not saying this would be the permanent solution, just that it would help me pinpoint your specific issues with the Page Builder.

Eric

Comment

• Meztli
            Meztli commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Eric.
            Last edited by Meztli; 07-28-2015, 02:55 PM.

Personally, I like to have DWB - or any theme, for that matter - to 'be in charge' ... any content layout tool should, IMHO, inherit the styles from the theme, with the option to override either from within the content layout tool or other external-to-the-tool method.

Comment

Originally posted by eric View Post
            Hey guys,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I know the Dynamik Page Builder Template is not yet perfect (if there is such a thing), especially with regards to the Dynamik CSS overriding the BB CSS. The problem is that either way you'll find some people unhappy. If you make it so the Dynamik content styles override the BB styles you have some who would expect their Dynamik Content styles to take precedence, keeping their overall site design consistent, while others will find it to "get in the way of BB". And if you go the other direction then you have some who are happy and others who are wondering why their Content Paragraph Font Type is not working on their BB pages.

I'm thinking what might make sense is to have an option in Dynamik Settings > General that allows you to choose whether or not you want Dynamik to override these BB styles or not. What do you guys think? If not that, what would you suggest? Keep in mind what I said above, that there are plenty of members who expect these Dynamik styles to take precedence.

Eric
            -----------------------------------------------------T H A N K Y O U E R I C-----------------------------------------------------

Hi Eric,

As you know I was the one who ask you to provide the ability to integrate BB with DWB ,NOW with the existence of this feature within DWB THANKS 2 U ERIC which for sure it will add a very good user experience in terms of our development environment .

I think it would be better in my opinion to add option in Dynamik Settings > General that allows us to choose specifically whether or not we need DWB to override these BB styles or not.

On the other hand, it will be very important the BB developers test this feature to overcome any compatibility problem with BB styles especially since the integration with BWB is in the TOP of the suggestion list with BB web site .

Please See here:https://wpbeaverbuilder.uservoice.co...work-and-dynam

Thanks,
            ibnoman

Comment

• eric
              eric commented
              Editing a comment
              I appreciate the kind words and feedback.

Eric

Here is a quick video showing how to set up an edge-to-edge landing page using DWB, along with the Junior Atoms code, with one of the supplied page templates in the commercial versions of Beaver Builder. Note that you can accomplish the same thing using the free, lite version of BB, but you would have to build the page manually.

This illustrates the point in my OP; if DWB had a Landing Page 'Page Builder' page template, one could eliminate the overhead in time, effort and code by not having to implement JA's marvelous code

https://youtu.be/J8zFuQzWUuc

Cheers!
            Lyle

Comment

• eric
              eric commented
              Editing a comment
              So just to be clear, are you suggesting that DWB include a Landing Page Builder Template in addition to the regular Page Builder Template just added, or is this a critique on the just added Page Builder Template? I'm just a bit confused because I thought the topic here was how to make the recently added template more compatible with regard to styles and what not? I'm certainly not against such an idea, I just want to make sure that the recently added template is good to go before adding more.

Eric

Regardless of how the integration with BB will be whether as custom template or to add option in Dynamik Settings > General setting the IMPORTANT part is to make an easy and flexible way as a global solution which can support and work with any DWB template we make preferably to add a button to tick through the template DWB creating process if we need to support BB styles for any specific template.
            Last edited by ibnoman; 07-20-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I think it might be best for Beaver Builder to provide the Page Templates (normal and landing page templates) for use with Dynamik.

The reason being the Dynamik Page Builder template available with DWB (1.8+) is a generic page template. It is not BB specific.

I like the page builder code provided by DWB 1.8+ as it is very clean and efficient code.
              However it overwrites certain page element within BB. In the example given earlier in this post the Beaver Builder list styles for both padding and margins were overwritten with Dynamik causing layout issues.
              I ran into a similar problem where if you set the default text color of a column in BB, Dynamik will over write the H1-H6 tags and paragraph colors with it's own colors set in Dynamik.
              Moreover If you disabled the Dynamik classes within the Dynamik Page Builder template the affected areas are given no styling. (H1-H6 and P tags are all the same font size, family and color.)

If the page templates were done by BB they could easily set CSS priorities to the affected areas making them stick.
              Last edited by Sogwap; 07-27-2015, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• eric
                eric commented
                Editing a comment
                That makes sense and may be the way to go. I think what I'll do is reach out to the guys over at Beaver Builder and share this forum thread and see if they don't have any suggestions or if they'd be willing to provide such Dynamik-specific resources.

Eric

• Meztli
                Meztli commented
                Editing a comment
                Great idea.

I just pushed out Dynamik 1.8.2 to fix a CSS minification issue, but chose not to do anything about the Page Builder Template at this point. I wanted to wait a bit longer and see how this all pans out. As Sogwap mentioned, the Page Builder Template was purposefully generic, not specific to BB, so it may be that it is ideal for some applications, but that other, more BB-specific cases may warrant the creation of your own Template, possibly provided by BB (see my previous reply to Sogwap). But I just wanted to confirm that this 1.8.2 update was not related to this topic.

Eric

Comment

Eric, please don't forget about Visual Composer, I love Beaver Builder but Visual Composer is wildly popular page builder more so than Beaver Builder just go on http://codecanyon.net and search for Visual Composer and look at the sales of VC and all the support pluguns. Thanks for responding positively to our requests. Dynamik is still the best together we can all make it better than ever. Robert

Comment

Working...
                X