Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm totally confused with this and just spent a whole day pulling my hair out before going back to 1.7.1

I have custom functions & CSS that no longer work as soon as the Page Builder template is activated.
    Those same bits of code work perfectly with Junior Atoms' template though.

This is pretty worrying for me now as it means I can't use future updates to Dynamik so long as the page builder template's included.
    I'm already starting to think about switching themes altogether and I never thought i'd say that TBH.

Comment

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      "I'm already starting to think about switching themes altogether and I never thought i'd say that TBH."
      Didn´t you actually say that multiple times here in forum? I remember tags like WooCommerce and UberMenu. My old brain may tease me though.
      Good news: " ... we are tomorrow releasing a free plugin to help with using beaver builder with genesis" - quote by Elizabeth Jamieson in Wordpress Designers FB group. Me personally I would prefer BB providing CSS that is specific enough so it can´t be overwritten by any theme.

You shouldn´t use JA´s code AND the template the same time maybe. That´s double doubling. You´d have to decide I guess. Why do you feel forced to activate the template? Or are you saying it´s even causing problems when you don´t use the template in the dropdown on a page? Clarification might help.
      Last edited by SiGa; 07-22-2015, 09:26 PM.

• Cletus
      Cletus commented
      Editing a comment
      Crikey, it's true. Women really don't ever forget !!
      Not sure I was ready to give up but I never use DWB with Woocommerce (I use a Genesis theme called Envy) and I haven't gone back to Ubermenu as I use MaxMegaMenu instead which is free and works perfectly with Dynamik.

I know I shouldn't use JA's code and the new template which is why I don't and haven't even tried, why would I? I use JA's code with his page template which is why i've gone back to the old version of DWB so as not to cause any issues.

I'm sure the Dambuster thing works but for how long? I'm not installing a plugin to do this anyway, i'll carry on using Larry's code which works perfectly well and wait for Beaver Builder to bring out their update. I'm sure it won't be long.

An option on the Dynamik css might be the choice to add a custom body class to the rules. Beaver Builder uses "fl-builder" as its custom body class, and I believe most page builders have their own. A check box to use a custom class, and a text box to enter the custom class could then generate css specific to that page builder.

My two cents, anyways.

Comment

What is wrong with using this?
      https://wordpress.org/plugins/dynami...r-integration/

Comment

• Meztli
        Meztli commented
        Editing a comment
        That plugin is using Junior Atoms beaver builder template code. It was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Maybe there should be a check box, enable page builder option.

Comment

Like to bump this along as it is important
        Agree with 2ninerniner2
        Originally posted by 2ninernirer2
        Personally, I like to have DWB - or any theme, for that matter - to 'be in charge' ... any content layout tool should, IMHO, inherit the styles from the theme, with the option to override either from within the content layout tool or other external-to-the-tool method.

Comment

Just wanted to mention that there is a Beaver group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/beaverbuilders/

Also you might want to have an eye on this (disclaimer: I´m not related, so don´t ask me LOL): http://www.genesisdambuster.com/
          Not sure if it will solve the current problems but they say it will be free so you might want to try - should be out soon.
          Last edited by SiGa; 08-02-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sogwap View Post
            I think it might be best for Beaver Builder to provide the Page Templates (normal and landing page templates) for use with Dynamik.

The reason being the Dynamik Page Builder template available with DWB (1.8+) is a generic page template. It is not BB specific.

I like the page builder code provided by DWB 1.8+ as it is very clean and efficient code.
            However it overwrites certain page element within BB. In the example given earlier in this post the Beaver Builder list styles for both padding and margins were overwritten with Dynamik causing layout issues.
            I ran into a similar problem where if you set the default text color of a column in BB, Dynamik will over write the H1-H6 tags and paragraph colors with it's own colors set in Dynamik.
            Moreover If you disabled the Dynamik classes within the Dynamik Page Builder template the affected areas are given no styling. (H1-H6 and P tags are all the same font size, family and color.)

If the page templates were done by BB they could easily set CSS priorities to the affected areas making them stick.
            I think you are spot on. My vote goes to this approach.

Comment

Just so you guys know, I did speak with Robby over at Beaver Builder regarding them providing Dynamik-specific page templates for BB and he thought that was a good idea and something he'd bring up with their developers. He's thinking something like file downloads instead of having them built-in to the Plugin itself, but either way it's on their agenda to at least consider the idea.

Eric

Comment

• Meztli
                Meztli commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks a lot Eric. It´s great news.
                Did Robby give any time frame?

• eric
                eric commented
                Editing a comment
                No he did not.

Thanks for all code suggestions earlier in this thread.
              I did try them all, but Junior Atoms beaver builder template code is still the best match with the beaver builder plugin.

Comment

And ...
              I have to ask this as I just do
              What happened with Junior Atoms
              C'mon Larry
              What is going on?

D

Comment

Has anyone tried https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-dambuster/ for edge-to-edge pages with BB and Dynamik or Extender?

Comment

Originally posted by Kellylise View Post
                  Has anyone tried https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-dambuster/ for edge-to-edge pages with BB and Dynamik or Extender?
                  That is frustrating, on their website that plugin is showing as coming soon:
                  http://www.diywebmastery.com/plugins...buster-plugin/
                  So I have been keeping an eye on that page - unaware it had been released - will certainly check it out now!
                  Cheers, Dave

Comment

• SiGa
                    SiGa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah that wasn´t the best site to have an eye on - they show a weak performance in keeping it updated. Sorry. LOL
                    I´ve changed the link to this one: http://www.genesisdambuster.com/ - seems there is a Webinar tomorrow (red button). I hope they´ll record it also.

• elizabeth
                    elizabeth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Weak performance - that's an interesting way of putting all the hard work we do! No the webinar is not recorded as we don't have the ability to record. Sorry ....

• SiGa
                    SiGa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    elizabeth, that remark wasn´t related to your plugin or your site in any way but to the fact that the diywebmastery site still shows "coming soon" in red letters while the plugin is out already (that´s why I wiped the link to their site out in #21 today). Your hard work is appreciated for sure.
                    Last edited by SiGa; 08-02-2015, 08:43 PM.

Dynamik is not yet supported by this plugin, Steven stated it´s not working on Facebook and this was Elizabeth´s reply:

Regarding Dynamik - we haven't added that functionality yet. If you look at the supported themes you'll see its not there. But we'll definitely add it in next. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

• SiGa
                    SiGa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Odd. Well I don´t know what´s different with Steven´s Dynamik install - but anyway, better it works than it doesn´t.

• elizabeth
                    elizabeth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We haven't specifically coded anything for the Dynamik theme. If it is working - and it is in our tests so far - then it's due to it being standard enough to be included in the default code. I asked Russell to look at specifically adding support for Dynamik but then someone said Eric had already done it by adding a wide page template in the latest version.

I am hoping that Steven can come back to me and say exactly how it failed, and if someone can tell me if the wide templates that Eric has added mean Dambuster is not required for Dynamik anyway.
                    Last edited by elizabeth; 08-02-2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Steven's comment

• elizabeth
                    elizabeth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Steven got back to me. We were unable to reproduce the problem he experienced. So although we have not coded specifically for Dynamik, so far it's working in our tests. I have asked him to do what we did and if that doesn't work to let us look at his site.

It seems that Dambuster can still be useful for Dynamik even though a full page template has been supplied by Eric. I don't think the full-page template removes everything, so if you want to completely clean out the page to make a full-width lander say, with no trace of the original theme on view, Dambuster can help.

To that end, if anyone finds a Dynamik configuration that does not work, contact me and we will look into coding specifically for it to supply the functionality. Thank you.

Genesis Dambuster is just what the doctor ordered!

Comment

• SiGa
                    SiGa commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Do you use the plugin in conjunction with the template or without, may I ask? I didn´t test it, but the info might help others, I guess....

• Sniffle Valve
                    Sniffle Valve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Fresh local install of everything (WP, DWB, BB, GDB - Genesis Dambuster). Created a page, set GDB to use it's default setting (landing page) and added one of the BB templates. Worked straight away.

I should also note that this was using the default page template for the page, not one of the 'new' DWB full width ones.

Also, with GDB you have a lot more control over what stays or goes on a page whereas with the DWB landing and full width page templates, it's whatever is set in the template.
                    Last edited by Sniffle Valve; 08-03-2015, 10:27 AM.

• elizabeth
                    elizabeth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks very much for your review @2ninerniner.

I have tried it with the new page builder page template and it works with that - at least in the skin combinations I've tried so far. The page builder template doesn't always knock out the header so if its removal is required then GDB can do that. Also the page builder template doesn't always go edge to edge - it depends on the starting skin, so GDB comes in handy for that too.

If there are any Dynamik combinations that don't work please let us know.
                    Last edited by elizabeth; 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM.

One little problem I came across switching from Junior Atoms version to the new page builder template was adding a Soliloquy slider into a beaver builder module. The margins below were pushing images left.

.dynamik-page-builder .site-inner ul li,
                  .archive-page ul li,
                  .entry-content ul li,
                  .dynamik-widget-area ul li { list-style-type: disc; margin: 0 0 0 30px; padding: 0; }

Comment

Working...
                  X