Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniffle Valve
    started a topic Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Awesome update with 1.8.1 ! ... however ...

Thank you so much Eric for the 1.8.1 update, especially the Page Builder page template, as I am a fervent Beaver Builder fan and this make things so much more tidier

I know that it can be done by using Junior Atom's fantastic code, but as with the Page Builder template, a baked-in Page Builder Landing Page would be a very welcome addition

Cheers!
    Lyle

• David Waumsley
    replied
    One little problem I came across switching from Junior Atoms version to the new page builder template was adding a Soliloquy slider into a beaver builder module. The margins below were pushing images left.

.dynamik-page-builder .site-inner ul li,
    .archive-page ul li,
    .entry-content ul li,
    .dynamik-widget-area ul li { list-style-type: disc; margin: 0 0 0 30px; padding: 0; }

Leave a comment:

• Cletus
    commented on 's reply
    Crikey, it's true. Women really don't ever forget !!
    Not sure I was ready to give up but I never use DWB with Woocommerce (I use a Genesis theme called Envy) and I haven't gone back to Ubermenu as I use MaxMegaMenu instead which is free and works perfectly with Dynamik.

I know I shouldn't use JA's code and the new template which is why I don't and haven't even tried, why would I? I use JA's code with his page template which is why i've gone back to the old version of DWB so as not to cause any issues.

I'm sure the Dambuster thing works but for how long? I'm not installing a plugin to do this anyway, i'll carry on using Larry's code which works perfectly well and wait for Beaver Builder to bring out their update. I'm sure it won't be long.

• elizabeth
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks very much for your review @2ninerniner.

I have tried it with the new page builder page template and it works with that - at least in the skin combinations I've tried so far. The page builder template doesn't always knock out the header so if its removal is required then GDB can do that. Also the page builder template doesn't always go edge to edge - it depends on the starting skin, so GDB comes in handy for that too.

If there are any Dynamik combinations that don't work please let us know.
    Last edited by elizabeth; 08-04-2015, 01:00 PM.

• Sniffle Valve
    commented on 's reply
    Fresh local install of everything (WP, DWB, BB, GDB - Genesis Dambuster). Created a page, set GDB to use it's default setting (landing page) and added one of the BB templates. Worked straight away.

I should also note that this was using the default page template for the page, not one of the 'new' DWB full width ones.

Also, with GDB you have a lot more control over what stays or goes on a page whereas with the DWB landing and full width page templates, it's whatever is set in the template.
    Last edited by Sniffle Valve; 08-03-2015, 10:27 AM.

• elizabeth
    commented on 's reply
    Steven got back to me. We were unable to reproduce the problem he experienced. So although we have not coded specifically for Dynamik, so far it's working in our tests. I have asked him to do what we did and if that doesn't work to let us look at his site.

It seems that Dambuster can still be useful for Dynamik even though a full page template has been supplied by Eric. I don't think the full-page template removes everything, so if you want to completely clean out the page to make a full-width lander say, with no trace of the original theme on view, Dambuster can help.

To that end, if anyone finds a Dynamik configuration that does not work, contact me and we will look into coding specifically for it to supply the functionality. Thank you.

• SiGa
    commented on 's reply
    elizabeth, that remark wasn´t related to your plugin or your site in any way but to the fact that the diywebmastery site still shows "coming soon" in red letters while the plugin is out already (that´s why I wiped the link to their site out in #21 today). Your hard work is appreciated for sure.
    Last edited by SiGa; 08-02-2015, 08:43 PM.

• elizabeth
    commented on 's reply
    We haven't specifically coded anything for the Dynamik theme. If it is working - and it is in our tests so far - then it's due to it being standard enough to be included in the default code. I asked Russell to look at specifically adding support for Dynamik but then someone said Eric had already done it by adding a wide page template in the latest version.

I am hoping that Steven can come back to me and say exactly how it failed, and if someone can tell me if the wide templates that Eric has added mean Dambuster is not required for Dynamik anyway.
    Last edited by elizabeth; 08-02-2015, 08:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention Steven's comment

• elizabeth
    commented on 's reply
    Weak performance - that's an interesting way of putting all the hard work we do! No the webinar is not recorded as we don't have the ability to record. Sorry ....

• SiGa
    commented on 's reply
    Do you use the plugin in conjunction with the template or without, may I ask? I didn´t test it, but the info might help others, I guess....

• SiGa
    commented on 's reply
    Odd. Well I don´t know what´s different with Steven´s Dynamik install - but anyway, better it works than it doesn´t.

• Sniffle Valve
    commented on 's reply
    Hmm, just loaded it up on a local test site with the latest DWB and BB and it works just fine for me

• Sniffle Valve
    replied
    Genesis Dambuster is just what the doctor ordered!

Leave a comment:

• SiGa
    replied
    Dynamik is not yet supported by this plugin, Steven stated it´s not working on Facebook and this was Elizabeth´s reply:

Regarding Dynamik - we haven't added that functionality yet. If you look at the supported themes you'll see its not there. But we'll definitely add it in next. Thanks for pointing that out.

Leave a comment:

• SiGa
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah that wasn´t the best site to have an eye on - they show a weak performance in keeping it updated. Sorry. LOL
    I´ve changed the link to this one: http://www.genesisdambuster.com/ - seems there is a Webinar tomorrow (red button). I hope they´ll record it also.
Working...
X