Color picker?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color picker?

Hi, I am very satisfied customer of the Dynamik Theme on a fair number of web sites.

But one thing I am missing: a simple way to chose my predefined colours.
    Is there a possibility to pick the color that I want to apply? At the moment have to type it in manually every time.

Or will it be possible in a future update? Is it maybe a Genesis issue?!

Keep on with the great work!

Regards and hugs, Carsten

Carsten, which part of the Dynamik dashboard (or your workflow) are you talking about? Can you give a sample or screenshot maybe?

Comment

Hi Sylvia, actually it is in all the windows of the Design Options where you can chose a color.

Might it be for the Background, Font Colors, Links, etc …
      Attached Files

Comment

So are you saying that if you click on one of those color fields, the color-picker does not open? This is implemented for quite a while now in fact...
        What is your Dynamik version? Did you try a different browser?

See the second video here, 1:35, for a sample of what´s expected to happen.
        http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...design-control
        Last edited by SiGa; 04-28-2017, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your message … I knew the U-Control but I was not aware of the sync. That is a great help to change the colors universally … still I have to copy and paste or type the # code manually. Normally I use 4 colors in a theme … it get's a bit confusing with the sync option. If there would be a possibility to safe the chosen colors into a palette (not only the rainbow palette) it would be much easier and faster.

But hey, the sync option is a great find already ;-) Thank you for the hint!

Ah, I am using the version 2.1.0 of Dynamik … on MacOS 10.12.4 and Safari 10.1
          Last edited by blindtexth; 04-28-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Actually, I did not want to point you to the Sync feature (though that is a great feature everybody should know) but to the fact that there SHOULD be a color-picker (related to your question) and you shouldn´t have to type your color manually (as shown in the video).

Comment

Here you can see my color picker as it is and as I know it right from the beginning …

To find a color I have to drag over the rainbow, which I don't find precise ;-)
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah. So you DO get the color-picker but would expect something more extensive. I see.

Comment

Oops, sorry if I could not get my message through :-(

Yes, I was thinking more of a row of predefined colors which I can choose by clicking on. Colors I defined myself and have at hand.

But maybe this is just wishful thinking …
                  Last edited by blindtexth; 04-29-2017, 12:04 AM. Reason: typos

Comment

I have always found setting a specific set of colors a bit of a chore as well.

It would be nice to have a color picker "system" similar to the one the Elementor page builder has. Makes it so much easier to choose a specific pre-set color:

el-color-picker-1.jpg

Once you setup the colors here, they are then available in any area where you can select a color:

el-color-picker-2.jpg

The GeneratePress theme has a function where one can set up your own color values; works similar to the above except you set the colors in a function and then add it to your child theme's function.php or simply use the Code Snippets plugin to do so

Cheers!
                    Lyle

Comment

Working...
                    X