Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gutter between post and sidebar

hi there,

i've been all through the design panel wondering how i'd go about putting a gutter or separation between the main posting area and the sidebar. here is the site i'm working on: http://www.5tofifteen.com/ and i'd like an orange vertical separation between those two areas, yet keeping both with rounded corners. might be an easy fix but i just am out of ideas on how to find. thanks very much!
    Last edited by JohnnyBlack; 06-14-2014, 12:42 AM.

i'll attach a picture in case my terminology isn't clear.
    Attached Files

Comment

Go to Genesis > Dynamik Design > Wrap and set your "Wrap Background" and "Inner Background" to transparent. Then set the backgrounds on your posts, pages, widgets etc. to white.

Comment

okay, that worked. but not the effect that i was looking for. it seems like then i can no longer have the rounded corners on each section.

Comment

It won't be automatic, you will have to use some css for the border radius and add some padding with the Dynamik options.

Comment

For the sidebar and items:

Dynamic Design > Wrap > General Border Radius = enable, set to desired value > Save Changes

For the page:

Dynamic Custom > CSS > set to desired radius > Save Changes

.content .page{
            border-radius: 10px;
            }

Comment

Hi, thanks for all of your help. The below CSS doesn't seem to work, no matter what I do. The page content remains the same. Also, as far as the GENERAL BORDER RADIUS selector, it does work, but what I'm trying to do is to have all of the widgets in one solid column with only the four corners rounded, not the widget corners rounded.

Dynamic Custom > CSS > set to desired radius > Save Changes

.content .page{
              border-radius: 10px;
              }

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X