Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wrap elements when no hook location is available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrap elements when no hook location is available?

There are rare situations when no hook location is available to add a wrapping div to an element. Example: EZ Rows (Top - Middle - Bottom).
    I can well use a bit of JQuery to achieve this:
    Code:
     $('#ez-home-middle-container').wrapAll('<div class="wrap-middle" />');
    With the downside that this won´t work if JS is isn´t enabled.
    Is there any better/more reliable method to do this?

This is a clean and reliable solution but need some investigation to get more info. Does it sounds intriguing? Check necessarily
    http://catalysttheme.com/forum/showt...Is-it-possible

Regards,
    Robert Gabriel

Last edited by robert; 10-30-2016, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me to this, Robert. For the moment, I wouldn´t know how to edit this to use it on ez-rows but I´ll look into it.

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, I see. No, it is not about custom widget areas/rows because then you have "control", of course, and create them how you need them (with or without wrapper). That´s why I have chosen the sample of the EZ "rows". If you got an EZ homepage and you choose 3-3-3, for example, you have three "rows" of widget areas. But there is no hook location between them, so you can´t wrap ez-home-middle.

• robert
        robert commented
        Editing a comment
        See above

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        I already identifyed ID´s and names but I´ll digg the core files again. I can be very persistent if I want to.... Thanks!

Just wanted to say THANKS, Eric - great to see these wraps implemented in Dynamik 1.6.1 now. Opens whole new design possibilities for EZ front page!

Comment

Working...
      X