This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest Additions to the Dynamik Website Builder Knowledge Base

The Knowledge Base is your first stop for formal Cobalt Apps support. Just added 18 new videos by Eric to the Dynamik Website Builder Knowledge Base.

What topics or questions do you want to see added to the Knowledge Base? List them here. If you are making a suggestion, please be sure to include both the question and the answer in your request.

If you are making a request, just let us know what topic you want to see added to the Knowledge Base.

Thanks for your participation in making the Knowledge Base the best it can be!

• cmarshallsmith
    replied
    I would like to see the ability to choose which media query you want the toggle(hamburger) menu to go into effect. See this post: http://cobaltapps.club/forum/ma...th-media-query

Leave a comment:

• wptheme88
    replied
    Suggestions for the next video tutorial: would it be possible to talk about child themes, file structure (on the root server perspective), which files should never be modified, what would cause a site to break, use of plugins vs hardcoding, etc ? I am new to this, I heard it is very common for a site to break whenever there is a new wordpress update. Would like to understand more and how to reduce the chance that it may happen to my site, and what i can do to minimize the headache that I will have to face when that happens to my site one day.

I hope you will consider doing a video tutorial for this topic.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Studio Sublime
    replied
    This documentation page needs to be changed: http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...omepage-slider

It says:
    Note that all "Dynamik for Genesis" members have access to the Nivo Premium Slider Plugin which offers more features and greater flexibility than WP-Cycle. Find out more here: Nivo Slider Plugin

The "here" link doesn't exist.

Maybe include a link to the Meta Slider plugin instead, since that seems to be what people here are suggesting as a replacement.

Leave a comment:

• BillH
    replied
    There seems to be a lot of questions in the fora about image logos: how to add them, how to style and position them, and how to make them responsive. Most if not all of the skins and child themes skirt this issue somewhat with text logos. A focused tutorial would help.

Leave a comment:

• eric
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by Webmaster View Post
    ...is the product solely focused on organization of settings (with a structure that is independent of workflow)? And whatever the answer is to that, will the upcoming new release differ in this regard?
    It's a combination of the two. There's definitely a general workflow in view with the admin interface design, but it's also structured in such a way to house all of the many design options in an organized fashion. And the U-Control is there to provide a way to get to specific option sets quickly and efficiently.

I'm certainly open to refining the interface over time, but for the up-coming version there are no notable changes in that department.

Eric

• Webmaster
    replied
    As a disclaimer, I didn't read all three pages of this discussion and only a small percentage of the DynamiK docs, but I saw Martin was on about a walk-through demo of a start-to-finish website - which is along the lines of my initial thinking. Ideally, there would be some type of comprehensive presentation of workflow. Granted, I'm new here, but I find myself wandering around in the admin looking for a strategy. Admittedly, I'm pretty sure I'm doing things in a much-less-than-optimal manner.

In the beginning, I imagined that Dynamik's option menu order was designed to present a workflow - i.e. select all your layout options under this menu, then make any changes you want under the next menu and so on - until you completed the "global" aspect of things. Thereafter, you'd use the a more granulated set of options for tweaks. In this scenario one would expect to see the EZ options toward the top of the global menu and not even listed in the tweaks menu. Instead, of course, the global settings were actually a Universal Design Control for customization of the interface for ME to design work flow.

I guess it comes down to the demographic you most want to attract. And even though my base knowledge is probably less than your target audience, I already see a lot that can be done with Dynamik to automate my process. I was just thinking it had more logic-based workflow built into it - or maybe I still don't get it? So more directly, is the product solely focused on organization of settings (with a structure that is independent of workflow)? And whatever the answer is to that, will the upcoming new release differ in this regard?

Thanks -

Leave a comment:

• jpweber
    replied
    I would like the ability to rename your dynamik-gen theme (in my case, since I have Genesis + Dynamik Website Builder) to any name of your choosing, such as your company's name -- from right within your WordPress admin.

Leave a comment:

• maurisrx
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks SiGa, I've found the google font examples on the forum. Here's the link if someone may need it http://rankingedge.com/google-font-examples/

• SiGa
    commented on 's reply
    Search the forum, I remember a member provided font samples on their site I think...

• maurisrx
    replied
    I'd like to suggest images of Google Fonts available in DWB to be included in knowledge base. When I choose a font, I need to look for what it looks like first in Google Font website. I think it might save time.

Leave a comment:

• Martin
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jordan,

Seems I have missed your comment. Sorry about that.

What I was looking for, was what you are saying. I am looking for a video crashcourse for Dynamic for a reasonable basic website using the WordPress default homepage option. I am not to fond of all the widget areas on the homepage when using the static page option.

Breaking all the details and options into chunks sounds like a good idea otherwise the video would go on for hours and hours LOL.

• Jordanemery
    replied
    Just an FYI, I just released a manual for the Front-End CSS Builder: Here is the thread talking about it. http://cobaltapps.club/forum/ma...ilder-released

Leave a comment:

• Jordanemery
    commented on 's reply
    Martin,

For Genesis Extender or Dynamik Website Builder?

I plan on doing courses for both, but which one did you want? I can do a simple crash course for an overview of dynamik if you want for a very basic basic website. The same for Genesis Extender as well.

As for learning an entire product such as this, I break it up into small video tutorials followed by supporting text content such as the code snippets mentioned in the videos. I break it up into small chunks so that you can build on the skills I teach little by little. This allows you to learn and digest the material at your own pace and retain the information easier that one huge lesson with a whole lot of information at one time. I also teach it in strategic steps from new user type tools to the eventual major tools a veteran would use. This gets the job done and teaches you at the same time.

This sound good? I look forward to hearing back.

I plan on writing an entire product manual with supporting video links, resources, and examples here soon. It will be an easy to navigate and read manual that will constantly be updated as the product evolves. I am always open to recommendations if you ever have any.

Jordan

PS: I will try and make that video tonight. Any specific parts of the website you want included in the start to finish video? (Example; Installing, inserting navigation bar (or modifying), sidebar modifications, changing headers width/height, centering the navigation bar, etc). Need to know what you want covered really. Keep in mind, it will be a very general crash course. The in-depth content will be covered in the course videos.

• Martin
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Jordanmery,

Well how about a start to finish demo of creating a small and reasonably simple website just to see how it's done and using the WordPress default homepage option for this? (I am not to fond of all the widget areas on the homepage when using the static page option)

This way one could follow the steps and get to grips with it all. Now, for me, it's still all a bit overwhelming. There are so many options.
Working...
X