Feature Post Widget only showing Thumbnail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Post Widget only showing Thumbnail

This is my first time posting to the forum, so please forgive me if I posted this to the wrong area.
    I am using Genesis with Dynamik Child theme. When I place the Genesis Feature post in the EZ top home #1 it does not give me the option to have the graphic larger. The only option I have is a thumbnail view. I know I use to have the different options for graphic sizes so I have no idea what I’m doing wrong.
    I did try deactivating my plug ins and that didn’t fix the problem.
    Any help would be appreciated.

www.texascraftykitchen.com

Hello,

It looks like the featured post widget takes the excerpt of your post and just features them. So it uses the image size you already configured in genesis design. In your case it's 150x150 px.

You can configure the size of your images inside the featured post only, using CSS:

Activate the front end css builder and enter the code below

.featuredpost img {
    width: 5%;
    height: auto;
    padding: 2px;
    }

I wrote 5% as an instance. Make the change as necessary.
    I have noticed that you use a border around your images. If you reduced the size of your image, the space between the border line and your image will stay the same. Adjust the padding number as needed, to adjust this space.

Hope it works, have a nice one.
    Last edited by samitou; 10-26-2013, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the information. For some reason my front end css builder doesn't show anymore. I'm by no means a designer and trying to do this is becoming a little overwhelming. I'll probably have to find a different theme to work with. I do know a little coding but it's looking like not enough. Thanks again for your time.

Comment

You are welcome.

I had a look at your site and it looks great. Congratulation on that.

It takes a little bit of time to get use to genesis and dynamik website builder.
        But once you do, it gives you tremendous flexibility.

If you want to design your own site, even if you change theme, you still need to understand the basics.

For the css builder, make sure it is enable:
        go to dynamik custom then select "activate front end builder"
        If it is activated and still do not show up, open a ticket.

Regards,
        Sam

Comment

Thank you so much! That worked!

Comment

Working...
          X