Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Toggle Menu Hamburger - Move to top of mobile view only

Hello CobaltApps,

I have just gotten started with dynamik and Genesis and find it to be very interesting, certainly is much faster then the previous theme I was using. I want to thank everyone for all the useful information here on the forums. I had a question regarding the vertical toggle hamburger mobile menu.

I have been searching for this answer for over a few hours now and have found a few suggestions and I have tried them, but with no luck. I am trying to make it so that the "Vertical Toggle Menu" within Dynamik, which is working great. It appears below the header, I can click on it sub menus work fine. My only question is how I could go about making it so that when the mobile view is detected any mobile view and the Vertical Toggle Menu appears, can I make the Vertical Menu appear at the top of the mobile view. Right now it is under the header. I thought of adding something like this to my functions.php among many other things I have tried, but it is still not working.

`//* Reposition dynamik_mobile_nav_1 above header on mobile
    remove_action( 'genesis_after_header', 'dynamik_mobile_nav_1' );
    add_action( 'genesis_before_header', 'dynamik_mobile_nav_1' );`

I was thinking, once the mobile view is detected move the vertical toggle which I believe is called "dynamik_mobile_nav_1" to the top of the mobile view before the header. But the above code did not work for me. The above code does show "dynamik_mobile_nav_1" above the header but it is now also below the header as well. Does anyone have any insight or advice in the right direction on how I may go about making the Vertical Toggle Menu show at the top of the mobile view ? Thank you very much for any help you can provide, have a good week!

(Hint: URL missing, so we don´t know where your menu(s) are placed) This code only moves the bar with the hamburger icon in it, but not the actual menu.

See my suggestion here (below the pic):
    http://cobaltapps.club/forum/ma...8838#post68838
    You´d have to investigate mobile conditionals and use them on both your menu AND the mobile menu part.

Comment

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      (It´s a member community here, so you actually don´t really talk to CobaltApps btw)

Thanks SiGa for the response.

Yes I saw that post and many others on here but none worked. Also that post68838 seems to show that user just hiding the css for now he could not get his mobile menu move to work it looks like. I will just move the Nav menu to the top for now, it works like that. Thought it would be alittle easier to just change the mobile nav menu to the top in mobile view. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      You might want to contact CobaltApps staff via ticket from your MyAccount page and provide them URL/login to have a look and find out why none of this works on your site.
Working...
X