Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Syntax Highlighting in Custom Templates Field / How to FTP with external editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Syntax Highlighting in Custom Templates Field / How to FTP with external editor

Hi everyone,

just building a custom Wordpress page template using Dynamik and whilst the CSS, Functions and JS Fields under "Dynamik Custom" have the syntax highlighting and row numbering, the field for Templates does NOT. This makes it very cumbersome and frustrating to code a whole template via the admin

So, either I need to enable this for this field OR preferably, I use an external Code Editor like Brackets or Sublime and FTP the file. However that doesn't seem to work very well. For example, if I edit the single-cpt.php externally and upload it via FTP, it doesnt update on the admin side. Also this creates the risk, that when I hit Save Changes after maybe changing some CSS, it overwrites the custom template I've in the meantime uploaded via FTP.

What's the correct work-flow? Will I have to stop using the Dynamik Custom Options all together and move those files to my child theme's folder? However if I move the custom CSS to my child-theme's style.css it doesnt load properly.

How can i enable syntax highlighting for templates, any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

Best

SilverPorl

Whenever you need that, you can use your editor, code it there, copy the code, paste it in Dynamik Custom - Templates and save. That would avoid the problems you describe.

If you want to suggest syntax highlighting for templates to the CobaltApps team directly or want to ask them if it´s possible to enable it yourself, you use the form on your My Account page which will create a ticket - this forum here is only a member community.

However if I move the custom CSS to my child-theme's style.css it doesnt load properly.
    Can´t because it´s missing the Dynamik default styles and would most likely not fit a different childtheme with (most likely) different elements.

Comment

Hi SiGa,

many thanks for your help! Ok I guess I will just have to do it that way - still not very efficient.

Re. the Stylesheet, I suppose I would have to load the Dynamik default parent styles into the child theme's style.css via @import or with a function first and then add my custom styles to the end of it, right? I'd obviously prefer to use an external editor for this too, because of the autocomplete and formatting assistances provided.

Thanks again!

Comment

PS: Re. the Stylesheets and Functions I've found this help:

http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...tom-stylesheet
        http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...tions-php-file

Comment

You might also want to search forum threads as we had discussions regarding this topic already, as far as I remember (sorry, currently short in time so I can´t provide links)....

Comment

Working...
          X