Changing or removing the header

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing or removing the header

There is this thread about using different a different header for selected pages.Is it possible to do this without the plugin mentioned?

I know how to create a hook box and i know that i have to do something in CSS like.site-header { display: none; }. I don't know how to associate the two or if this is the correct approach.

I don't want to use conditional post-id's because they might change.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Steve
    I love Dynamik but changing the header from the default layout is a big pain in the rear. I got this great new plugin off of Codecanyon.net the plugin is

Exactly what are you wanting to achieve?

Unlimited Header styles? / Something completely different on every page?

Different logo?
    Different menu?
    Different header background?
    Other?

The fact is all of these are possible without a plugin?
    On the other-hand what is wrong with using a plugin, that does what you want, and is easy to manage?

One alternative if you know what changes you want Dynamik Labels, or Dynamik Conditionals can sometimes be used with good result.

Comment

Genesis Custom Headers is handy. for pages, posts, and custom post types. On a page, you can select a header image, and choose a Genesis hook from a pick list.. When you're happy with your design, you can work towards eliminating the plugin.
      Last edited by BillH; 11-01-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Thank your Sogwap and BillH.

This is what i want to do.
        • First set of pages - Full width pages, standard header including logo and navigation, configured in Dynamik Website Builder.
        • Second set of pages - Fixed width pages with no header. However these pages will have a block of code at the top that looks similar to the standard header. It will have a logo but no navigation.
        Thank you for your help!
        Steve

Comment

Looks like a job for Genesis Dam Buster plugin, which will optionally remove Header, Footer as well as having optional full width pages.
          This could also be coded using a Dynamik Label. Although Dynamik Labels only work on Single pages and do not work on archive pages.

Comment

Thank your Sogwap!

I have dambuster installed and i will investigate this. I am not familiar with Dynamik Labels so i will also learn about them.

Steve

Comment

Genesis Dambuster could help as follows

First set of pages - use Dambuster to make the page full-width

Second set of pages - use Dambuster to remove the header and navigation

You will of course need your own code to add the 'pseudo header' in the second set of pages (Dambuster just takes stuff out)
              Last edited by elizabeth; 11-01-2015, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Thank you elizabeth!

I'm almost there. Dambuster was definitely what i needed.

Steve

Comment

• elizabeth
                  elizabeth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Coolio. If you find there is anything that could be improved upon, please contact us at the Dambuster website.

• signcarver
                  signcarver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Elizabeth,

I sent an email earlier to Dambuster because i haven't figured out how to remove the EZ Fat Footer.

• elizabeth
                  elizabeth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are preparing for a webinar tonight signcarver so it'll be a bit later as a lot to do. I'll get Russell to check his email as soon as I can.

Thank you elizabeth - Russell has already responded and is fixing the problem in 1.4 to be released later today (11/2/15)

I appreciate your quick response!!!

Thanks,
                Steve

Comment

• elizabeth
                  elizabeth commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love users like you!

• signcarver
                  signcarver commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you elizabeth.

The Dambuster plugin and support is awesome!

Thanks,
                  Steve
                  Last edited by signcarver; 11-03-2015, 01:55 PM.
              Working...
              X