Working On Dynamik 2.0 Right Now...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working On Dynamik 2.0 Right Now...

Right now I'm just adding some of the nice refinements I included with my last two new Plugins, and then I'll start in on the new features. So I can't provide too many details at the moment. I just wanted to share that Dynamik 2.0 is currently my primary focus. (I've used this exact line in two Facebook groups in response to "What's New" kind of questions, so I figured I'd get that answer out of the way.)

But I know 2.0 has been a long awaited release and I've recently released two new Plugins that I wanted to finish before changing focus like this, but now I'm at a place where I can finally bring Dynamik back to the front burner and really start implementing some of the features and refinements I've been chewing on over the last year.

More to come...

Oh, and Happy New Year guys!

Great thing to hear! Hoping that something from my personal wishlist manages to get into changelog of 2.0 - Christmas is over but it´s never too late.

Happy New Year for you and your family, Eric!

Comment

• eric
      eric commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SiGa! Happy New Year to you as well!

A Happy New Year to all here as well!

That's great news, Eric!

Just wondering if you have ever considered developing a standalone theme?

Cheers!
    Lyle

Comment

• eric
      eric commented
      Editing a comment
      Happy New Year Lyle! It's crossed my mind. "The Dynamik Framework"

• Sniffle Valve
      Sniffle Valve commented
      Editing a comment
      Good to hear!
      Something to consider ... given the tremendous success Tom Usborne has had with the GeneratePress theme, and also the GP-Premium add on, I envision a Cobalt Apps theme and add on along the same line The "Dynamik Framework" as a free theme available in the WP theme repo and then the "Premium Add On" as basically the "Dynamik Framework Extender"! One could even do the "a la carte" method as Tom has by offering the DWB > Custom items on a one-off basis or as a "bundle" ...hmmm ... as if you didn't already have enough to mull over!

Eric, I hope you would consider include some refinements to the responsive/mobile menu as shown in these two sites, currently in development:

http://cninet.ca/cms/ - Sticky/Shrinking header, Slidedown Responsive menu, header placed hamburger menu.
    This site has the following custom features.
    1. Slide down responsive mobile menu. Also features a modified hamburger menu button.
    2. Sticky, shrinking header.

http://sbmblaw.mourgo.com – Sticky/Shinking/auto hide header (headroom)
    Originally built with a third party Responsive Menu plugin. But recently modified to work with standard Genesis/Dynamik responsive menus.

Note: Both site menus are done without any plugins. But utilizing some fairly simple jQuery/CSS additions.

Comment

• eric
      eric commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for providing these examples. I'll keep this in mind.
Working...
X