• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make a backup

I've looked through dynamic docs, searched coalbalt apps and watched
    a video on how to backup the website. All images, settings, SEO,
    And export onto the desktop.

The problem was the video was using Catalyst which looked easy.

I did try Genesis >> Import/Export >> Down load Theme and SEO settings checked >> Press download.

{"genesis-settings":{"theme_version":"2.5.2","db_version":25 03,"first_version":"2.0.2","update":1,"update_emai l_address":"michael.laurenson@telus.net","feed_uri ":"","comments_feed_uri":"","site_layout":"ful l-width-content","blog_title":"text","content_archive":"fu ll","content_archive_limit":0,"image_size":"thumbn ail","image_alignment":"alignleft","posts_nav":"pr ev-next","blog_cat":0,"blog_cat_exclude":"","blog_cat _num":0,"header_scripts":"","footer_scripts":"","b readcrumb_front_page":0,"breadcrumb_home":0,"bread crumb_single":0,"breadcrumb_page":0,"breadcrumb_po sts_page":0,"breadcrumb_archive":0,"breadcrumb_404 ":0,"breadcrumb_attachment":0,"comments_posts":0," comments_pages":0,"content_archive_thumbnail":0,"s uperfish":0,"redirect_feed":0,"redirect_comments_f eed":0,"trackbacks_posts":0,"trackbacks_pages":0," update_email":0,"nav_extras":"","nav_extras_twitte r_id":"","style_selection":"","nav_extras_twitter_ text":""},"genesis-seo-settings":{"append_site_title":0,"doctitle_sep":"\ u2013","doctitle_seplocation":"right","append_desc ription_home":1,"home_h1_on":"title","home_doctitl e":"","home_description":"","home_keywords":"","ho me_noindex":0,"home_nofollow":0,"home_noarchive":0 ,"canonical_archives":1,"head_adjacent_posts_rel_l ink":0,"head_wlwmanifest_link":0,"head_shortlink": 0,"noindex_cat_archive":1,"noindex_tag_archive":1, "noindex_author_archive":1,"noindex_date_archive": 1,"noindex_search_archive":1,"noarchive_cat_archiv e":0,"noarchive_tag_archive":0,"noarchive_author_a rchive":0,"noarchive_date_archive":0,"noarchive_se arch_archive":0,"noarchive":0,"noodp":1,"noydir":1 }}

I know very little code, but this doesn't look like a backup of images, settings, etc. At least to my untrained eye.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

This will only export Genesis Settings.

You will find two Imp/Exp tabs in Dynamik Settings and Dynamik Design. This will export/backup all Dynamik settings and images you uploaded to Dynamik Design - lmages. No other images. No content whatsoever.

Are you trying to backup your whole site?
    Last edited by SiGa; 10-11-2017, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, I'm trying to backup the whole site.

Comment

Well Dynamik is no backup tool but there are plugins out there. Duplicator is able to backup and move sites, for example - you might want to google and search WP repository for possibilities.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X