Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Custom Templates in Dynamik

Hi all,
    I am attempting to follow this tutorial from Cobalt and learn how to create a custom page template.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irpFH64_Fg8

I created the test template and saved it.
    File Name: test-template
    Template Name: Test Template
    Conditional Tag: is_page_template('my-templates/test-template.php')
    Code:
    <?php
    add_filter( 'genesis_pre_get_option_site_layout', '__genesis_return_full_width_content' );
    remove_action( 'genesis_loop', 'genesis_do_loop' );
    genesis();
    ?>

I created the Conditional and saved it.
    Name: is_page_template_test_template
    Tag: is_page_template('my-templates/test-template.php')

BUT, when I make a new Page, Test Template does not appear in the Template drop down menu field (on Edit Page or Add New Page.)
    Also, I looked on the server, and I don't see a "my-templates" directory in wp-content/themes/dynamik-gen/

Any ideas what the problem could be? Am I doing something wrong? Could it be a security setting on the server?

Thnaks a ton in advance!
    Marc

Hi Marc, can you please file a ticket with support staff from your My Account page (and point to this thread). In forum, we can help with cases we can inspect from frontend.

Comment

Will do, thanks!

Comment

I had same exact experience (with the same php code btw). Trying to experiment with full width one-page site.

Comment

• SiGa
          SiGa commented
          Editing a comment
          Quote: "In forum, we can help with cases we can inspect from frontend." When it comes to templates not working, we can´t. So pease, get in contact with support.
      Working...
      X