Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird responsive behaviour on Firefox and Edge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Weird responsive behaviour on Firefox and Edge

    Hi there,

    On a client site I converted to the DWB/Beaver Builder combo I've run into the weirdest responsive behaviour on Firefox and Edge. Things seem fine on Chrome.

    Between roughly 840px and 1280px it will display the content div at a smaller width and aligned to the right on some pages, instead of having the content div sit flush against the sidebar as it normally would.

    Case in point the following pages: https://www.stempel-shop.nl/inkt/
    https://www.stempel-shop.nl/contact/

    But also newly added pages.

    However, most other pages do not have this problem.

    See for instance:
    https://www.stempel-shop.nl
    https://www.stempel-shop.nl/cart/
    https://www.stempel-shop.nl/account/

    For the life of me I cannot figure out what is causing this and/or how to solve it.

    My custom css does not seem to cause it but then what is?

    I hope somebody will have some pointers as to what is causing this.

    Many thanks in advance!

  • #2
    My custom css does not seem to cause it but then what is?
    How did you test exactly?

    However, most other pages do not have this problem.
    But some of the pages you listed NOT having it do, when I look at them in Firefox.

    I would run a test here: https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
    Clear BB cache from the settings (and any caching plugin you might have).
    Deactive plugins temporarily to test if the problem is coming from Dynamik (+ CSS) itself or not.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SiGa View Post
      How did you test exactly?


      But some of the pages you listed NOT having it do, when I look at them in Firefox.

      I would run a test here: https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
      Clear BB cache from the settings (and any caching plugin you might have).
      Deactive plugins temporarily to test if the problem is coming from Dynamik (+ CSS) itself or not.
      I tested it by literally taking out all custom css and testing it with only the Dynamik design settings active. Didn't make a difference.

      I also deactivated all the plugins temporarily. Didn't make a difference either.

      I then also took out my responsive additions to the site. Not a difference.

      I set all the responsive settings to default (except the delayed Content/Sidebar Media Query Style since that is needed to be able to see the problem at this viewpoint), still the same problem.

      Also took out the sticky header settings in the Skin css/php section.

      Basically I went totally barebones, with only the Dynamik Design settings left. And still the problem persists.

      That's the weirdest thing about it.
      Last edited by Draxeiro; 11-15-2017, 05:32 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        That sounds like thoughtful troubleshooting indeed. Can you please file a ticket for support from your My Account page and point to this thread?

        There are cases that need insight to the backend to solve them - in forum and from frontend, we can only see part of the problem, and for the moment, I couldn´t spot the cause of the problem from what I can access, unfortunately.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SiGa View Post
          That sounds like thoughtful troubleshooting indeed. Can you please file a ticket for support from your My Account page and point to this thread?

          There are cases that need insight to the backend to solve them - in forum and from frontend, we can only see part of the problem, and for the moment, I couldn´t spot the cause of the problem from what I can access, unfortunately.
          Good idea, I will drop support a line with regards to this mysterious behaviour.

          Will report back here later.

          Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            In the end I didn't need to contact support after all. During the day I got a brainwave with regards to the content filler image option in the content section of Dynamik design.

            I remembered an item in the knowledge base about this. So I decided to switch this option from 'minimal' to 'full' as a last effort before contacting support.

            Usually I can have this set to 'minimal' on most sites we do but in this case that was clearly not working. After switching to 'full' the width problem was solved.

            Hope this info will help other people running into the same problem.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for taking the time to point out your solution!

              Comment

              Working...
              X