SiGa´s stuff (skins and tutorials)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiGa´s stuff (skins and tutorials)

I´ve been putting that into my signature before but it just got too long.... LOL
    So never mind, I just put that here so I can easily refer to it as a "summary", somehow (and put this into my signature instead).

Tutorials: Colored info boxes | Scroll to top | One page scrolling site | Expandable search field, CSS3 version

Unique custom headers | Page Template for blog posts in masonry style | Responsive sticky footer | Add layout styles to the WP editor |

Add a utility bar above header | Basic Meta Box code sample | How to get the home banner widget area of Freshly |

Hamburger icon only for all screen sizes (Header Right menu)

Skins: ACF custom fields template | Chameleon | Eyria | EZ Rows | EZ Rows version 2 | Amare

P.S.: If you think it´s useful, don´t forget to like and/or share my stuff.

Often asked:
    How to generate a static EZ home page layout that is not listed?

Here´s the easiest way to achieve this:
    - Choose a full width (1) column where you want to have them.
    - Install this plugin: http://wordpress.org/plugins/widget-css-classes/
    - Example: Go to Appearance - Widgets and drag two widgets of your choice into the full-width widget area
    - For the first of them, you write two-thirds first into the CSS classes field the widget has now. Save.
    - For the second, you write one-third. Save.

You can use as many widgets as you want. Use the Genesis column classes. https://philipgledhill.co.uk/using-g...-layout-grids/
    For each new row, don´t forget to add the class "first" to the first widget.
    Voila!

For a solution with Custom Widgets and a wrapper div, read this thread: http://cobaltapps.club/forum/main-ca...column-classes
    Last edited by SiGa; 11-15-2017, 04:04 PM.

It would be nice to have a footer like on an old Catalyst forum - below the post.

Regards,
    Robert Gabriel

Last edited by robert; 10-30-2016, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      Much agreed as I think many of the members just don´t recognize the signature where it is now. Wish we could choose...

• andytc
      andytc commented
      Editing a comment
      ahhh .... So that's what that tiny little , impossibly small icon is

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL Yes - hidden secrets, you see.

Thank you. Much appricated.

Comment

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear!

Hi Siga, i'm unable to download any of your skins, Google says you're too popular!
    Wanted to play with the EZ rows skin but i'll try again in 24 hours as per the message below.
    I just wanted to make you aware (if you weren't already).
    Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.
    Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently. Please try accessing the file again later. If the file you are trying to access is particularly large or is shared with many people, it may take up to 24 hours to be able to view or download the file. If you still can't access a file after 24 hours, contact your domain administrator.

Comment

• Cletus
      Cletus commented
      Editing a comment
      No, still not working, in Chrome & Firefox with cookies cleared.
      I'll try again tomorrow and let you know.

• Cletus
      Cletus commented
      Editing a comment
      All good now, I managed to download late last night.
      These full width EZ rows are great, thanks a lot for posting it up!!!

• SiGa
      SiGa commented
      Editing a comment
      Glad to hear! Version 2 of EZ Rows should soon be up, too - currently making it a "real" skin and prepared it to be a onepage scroller, too.

That is awsome to hear SiGa, eagerly looking forward to it
    scorpio

Comment

Thank you. Much appricated.

Comment

2014-12-10: Updated with the Dynamik implementation for this: http://sridharkatakam.com/genesis-pa...posts-masonry/ (see link on top)

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            No problem.

Hey SiGa, beautiful free, non supported themes! I've been trying to avoid asking you any support questions out of respect for the free work you've provided, but I'm wondering if you could just point me in the right direction towards the correct file I should be modifying. Your Amare theme has a red menu at the bottom of the large image. I've put the secondary menu in there with the descriptions just fine. However, I would like to add either an image or some text to the left that says, "I need help . . ." followed by the menu items that are already displayed. What file should I be messing with to try and insert that custom text into that secondary menu?

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            You wouldn´t edit any theme file because that´s not recommended for Genesis and/or Dynamik. Did you try forum search? Because I recently answered a question about how to add a widget area (for social icons) to primary nav and in my answer, I mentioned how to edit for secondary. The rest would be custom CSS. That´s ONE possible way to do it. Also try web search with a search term like "genesis add custom text to secondary nav", that would lead you to some helpful articles.
            I´m glad that you understand that I can´t state "not supported/provided as is", then start answering all the "how to ...?" questions anyway. That´s appreciated.
            Last edited by SiGa; 01-18-2017, 04:48 PM.

Not a problem. Thank you, and I understand! You've been a great help!

Here is link SiGa is referring to for future readers: http://cobaltapps.club/forum/main-ca...n-primary-menu
          Last edited by JerDoggMcKoy; 01-18-2017, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X