New site: louisbarabbas.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New site: louisbarabbas.com

Having previously done the site for this guy's band, I've just finished his personal/showcase site for his activities as a writer, performer and music label director. Bit of a headache with the responsive slider on mobile views, but otherwise pleased with how it turned out: http://louisbarabbas.com

Excellent work, love it!

Comment

Very well done indeed!

Comment

Great work, uwitness, very harmonic and balanced, everything! Congrats! I´m sure he´s very pleased.

If I saw that right, you´re using Quick Cache? I didn´t test it yet, but I´m interested to hear what you think about it, if you don´t mind. What I heard about it so far made me curious....

Comment

Thanks for the compliments, folks!

SiGa - Yes, I use Quick Cache (well, the Pro version actually, which I bought for a very reasonable $15) on all my sites. I know everyone tends to recommend W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache, but when I checked those out I found them unnecessarily complex and probably overkill for my requirements - though admittedly my opinion might change if I was trying to set up caching for a very high traffic site. However, I've found Quick Cache Pro to be absolutely superb - really easy to set up in a couple of clicks, and once you get to know it a bit better it's very straightforward to tweak the settings. I initially used just Quick Cache Pro and GZip compression and already found major speed improvements on my sites. Now I've added Cloudflare to that, the combination is really brilliant. I generally set the cache expiration time somewhere between a few hours (8 hours in the case of this site) to 7 days (in the case of some rarely-updated sites), but even at only a few hours' expiration I notice a big difference.

So yes, I can't recommend Quick Cache Pro highly enough if you want a very user-friendly, very reliable and very quick caching plugin! (And no, they're not paying me commission to say this...)

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL ... Thanks, uwitness (and andreaarden), for your opinion! " I know everyone tends to recommend W3 Total Cache or WP Super Cache, but when I checked those out I found them unnecessarily complex and probably overkill for my requirements" - just what I thought, and that´s why I asked. Also I had a whitescreen experience back then.... So I´ll surely look into Quick Cache soon!

SiGa, I've been using Quick Cache on all of the sites I develop for the past couple of years and think it's great. I've never experienced a problem or conflict with it, and it's super easy to implement. The pro version is a steal.

uwitness, your site is excellent!

Comment

I like the grid, the typography, the colors, and the images. Great site!

Comment

love the typography!!!! awesome

Comment

Thanks both - I was rather pleased with the typography too! Had always been rather doubtful about using Oswald as body text, with a tiny bit of letter-spacing and using it at light (300) rather than normal weight, I think it worked rather well.

Comment

Working...
                X