X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP73
    started a topic Is it possible to apply labels to EZ Homepage

Is it possible to apply labels to EZ Homepage

Hi team. I'm building my first site with DWB and Genesis 2.0 - having decided to build my latest client's site straight in the 'new' tool combo. I have to do this in my spare time, so don't have masses of time to figure things out unfortunately.

Has anyone been able to use a label to hook a CHB into the EZ static homepage? I'd really like to be able to use the EZ static homepage but fear I'll have to create my own as I see the power of labels and want to use that to hook content into specific locations across multiple pages.

Thanks for any help. I've posted a link to the dev site - you can see the 'strapline' CHB that I've hooked into inside pages, I want it on the homepage too...

• RSP73
    replied
    Originally posted by eric View Post
    Currently Labels can only be assigned to Pages and Posts, but generally that's not an issue because you can just use other Conditionals to assign your Widget Areas and Hook Boxes to other types of posts. For example, with your EZ Static Homepage you can use the is_front_page Conditional. Then when you assign a Widget Areas and/or Hook Box to a particular Custom Label you can also just assign it he is_front_page Conditional as well (you'd have to first create the is_front_page Conditional, of course).

Does that make sense? Does that address your question?

Eric
    Hey Eric, thanks for your response. Makes sense. This time around though, we opted for a slightly different approach as my client needed to get their site live for doors-open today. I'll have a look at that method.

Incidentally - what do you think? First site built using DWB and Genesis 2.0:

Leave a comment:

• eric
    replied
    Currently Labels can only be assigned to Pages and Posts, but generally that's not an issue because you can just use other Conditionals to assign your Widget Areas and Hook Boxes to other types of posts. For example, with your EZ Static Homepage you can use the is_front_page Conditional. Then when you assign a Widget Areas and/or Hook Box to a particular Custom Label you can also just assign it he is_front_page Conditional as well (you'd have to first create the is_front_page Conditional, of course).

Does that make sense? Does that address your question?

Eric

Leave a comment:

• RSP73
    replied
    ** Bump **

Leave a comment:

Working...
X