• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!, Custom Hook Boxes cancelling out Dynamik Custom functions

"Help me if you can, I'm feeling down
    And I do appreciate you being 'round,
    Help me get my feet back on the ground
    Won't you please,
    please help me with my Dynamik - Custom functions.. (im not sure if john lennon mentoned DWB)

Here is my drama .. ive created a Custom Hook Box for all my Woocommerce CSS,,

page hooks - genesis after - hooked

And every time i add to it and save this Custom Hook Box, it cancels out my Dynamik - Custom functions settings..

any ideas guys?

im just trying to place the product price beneath the summary'/description rather then the default place of above, as i think the price doesn't look right being so far away from the add to cart button..

this is the code (below)ive placed in Custom functions to achieve that which works finr until i update the woo Hook Box

Won't you please,
    please help me !!

Jason

/*
    Move WooCommerce Price below on Single Product Page
    ************************************/

remove_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 10 );
    add_action( 'woocommerce_single_product_summary', 'woocommerce_template_single_price', 25 );
    Last edited by JasonJay; 02-17-2016, 04:48 PM. Reason: because i am

I love the Beatles.
    It´s odd. Even if there´s an error in your CSS, it shouldn´t really be able to cancel PHP. I´d let support have a look maybe.
    Just a thought (as I normally can´t help much with Woo):

Try the style trump from Eric to place Dynamik´s stylesheet under Woo´s stylesheet(s). Then put your CSS in Dynamik Custom - CSS as you would normally do. Would that work?
    http://cobaltapps.club/forum/ma...=8200#post8200

(Edit, just to make sure: The hookbox is set to CSS, I guess?)
    Last edited by SiGa; 02-17-2016, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Thank you SiGa for your reply.. "Oh, oh, you've been good to me : ) " haha!

I'm just transferring my site to a new host so cant play with it for a while.. but i got a message back from support saying more or less what you said..

their reply was.. ....

" The proper place to put custom CSS is at Dynamik Custom > CSS. If it doesn’t work there then we would need to determine why. By default I believe the custom stylesheet loads last so any other stylesheet shouldn’t overrule it. It may be that you need to do something like more specifically target the elements involved. To be honest I wouldn’t add CSS in a hook box like that."

Comment

Yeah, I do usually avoid the hooks for CSS, except for very rare cases. CSS in Dynamik stylesheet will not be in the source and also be minified, which is another advantage. Also it never cancelled my PHP. LOL
        The style trump works well on a site I´m recently working on (with loads of plugins). Of course specific CSS is another factor. Let us know how it works out!

Comment

yeah i will give style trump a go SiGa, but im still confused as DWB SUPPORT SAID t"he custom stylesheet loads last so any other stylesheet shouldnt overrule it. i,ll keep you posted..

Comment

• SiGa
            SiGa commented
            Editing a comment
            Well you didn´t add your URL so I couldn´t check myself of course but I guess you can check your source and see if that´s the case. Some plugins do set priorities so they will be able to put their stylesheets AFTER Dynamik (which was the case on the site I work on). However, if support says so and didn´t suggest the style trump themselves, it´s true for sure.

• JasonJay
            JasonJay commented
            Editing a comment
            hey SiGa the style trump works well now.. thank you! thank you!
            the problem was resolved by my host who flushed the cache, no Not flashed the cash.. Although that would've have been nice too.!! : )
        Working...
        X