Sidebar on EZ Homepage - responsive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidebar on EZ Homepage - responsive

Is it possible to keep the sidebar on my EZ homepage showing in tablet landscape view? Currently it doesn't on the EZ Homepage (but it is below all the other content) and yet it is staying in the sidebar on all other pages of my website. dev.herefordequestrian.co.uk

I have watched this great tutorial and used all the same settings, but I still don't see my sidebar in ipad landscape mode: http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...design-options
    Last edited by dutchpuzzle; 12-12-2016, 02:30 PM.

The sidebar(s) seems to be empty currently, so there´s nothing much to see for us unfortunately.
    If you need help with the settings, it might be better to turn to support staff in this case...

Comment

Do you have Adblock turned on by any chance? The sidebar contains banners using the plugin OIO Publisher. I'm seeing the banners in the sidebar on all pages using Chrome, Safari or FF, but they do disappear if Adblock is switched on.

Comment

Oh I see. LOL That´s me, somehow assuming that a sidebar will have other content in addition to ads. Sorry for that.

Still, I don´t see the settings in your backend. Can you please upload some screenshots of
        - Dynamik Design - Widths and
        - Dynamik Design - Responsive - click Show/Hide button to reveal the settings there - take a pic

It seems your pages do have different widths which would explain the different behaviour.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help. As explained before, it's fine on all pages except the EZ homepage

Comment

Hm. Those seem to be fine, as far as I can see, but I´m seeing some problematic CSS in my dev tools here, related to EZ (paddings, those would change the width of the frontpage).

If you do have anything in Dynamik Custom - CSS or a skin CSS file, can you temporarily copy it out (to a textfile, as a backup, for example) and delete it (you can copy/paste it back in later)? Or at least anything that starts with #ez-home or .ez-home?
                Save and clear any cache afterwards: Does that behaviour still persist then?
                Last edited by SiGa; 12-12-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Just removed all the custom css and cleared the cache in Chrome and still no sidebar in tablet landscape mode. Can you take a look your end?
                  I am also using the SiteOrigin CSS plugin, so I'll remove that css too and perhaps deactivate the plugin.

No change after deleting any of the CSS. Tried deactivating SiteOrigin CSS plugin and also the social icons, but none made a difference.
                  I've previously tried deactivating the Huge IT Slider plugin, but again no joy.
                  Last edited by dutchpuzzle; 12-12-2016, 06:17 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Yup, still behaving different.
                    So I´d recommend to get in contact with support staff at this point (and point them to this thread) as I can only get this far right now - couldn´t tell what´s causing this, sorry.
                    If you give them access they might be able to spot that detail that´s causing this - might be something minor but it´s easier to troubleshoot with access to the backend.

Comment

Ok, will do. Many thanks for trying :-)

Comment

In case this helps anyone else with the problem I had, Eric provided the solution which worked a treat for the display on tablet - landscape as follows:

"The EZ Home Sidebar is treated differently than the other sidebars when it comes to responsive design and therefore it drops below the EZ Widget Areas on the homepage when a certain trigger point occurs. But you can manually adjust this by simply taking the CSS code that is in place at this trigger point and move it to a point latter in the "shrinking" of the browser or device. So what you would do is first go to Dynamik Design > Responsive > Show/Hide Options, and then set the "EZ Widget Area Media Query Styles" to "None". This will essentially turn off the responsive styles for the EZ Static Homepage. You would then copy the following CSS code and paste it into your "4th @media query box" and then save your changes. Then refresh the front-end of your site and retest the homepage. It should now keep the EZ Home Sidebar to the right of your content a bit longer.

Here's the code:

#home-hook-wrap { padding: 25px 30px 30px 30px; } #ez-home-container-wrap, #ez-home-sidebar-wrap { width: 100%; max-width: 100%; } #ez-home-sidebar-wrap { margin: 20px 0 0; float: left; }

.five-sixths, .four-fifths, .four-sixths, .one-fifth, .one-fourth, .one-half, .one-sixth, .one-third, .three-fifths, .three-fourths, .three-sixths, .two-fifths, .two-fourths, .two-sixths, .two-thirds { width: 100%; margin-left: 0; } .first { padding-top: 0 !important; } #ez-home-slider.ez-widget-area, .slider-inside #ez-home-slider.ez-widget-area { padding-bottom: 0; } #home-hook-wrap { padding-bottom: 0; } #ez-home-container-wrap, .ez-home-container-area, #ez-feature-top-container, #ez-fat-footer-container { margin: 0 auto; padding-bottom: 0; } body.override.fat-footer-inside #ez-fat-footer-container-wrap { margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 20px; } #ez-home-container-wrap .ez-widget-area, #ez-feature-top-container .ez-widget-area, #ez-fat-footer-container .ez-widget-area { width: 100%; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 0 !important; } #ez-home-sidebar-wrap { margin: 0; }

And note that you can find this kind of code by clicking on the [?]Tooltips next to the various media query style options which takes you to our knowledgebase site with this kind of info. Here's the page for the EZ Static Widget Areas for your reference:

http://dynamikdocs.cobaltapps.com/ar...a-query-styles

Thanks for all the great support guys

Comment

Working...
                        X