Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pull quote problems (and "wrong" display in the live view of custom css editor)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pull quote problems (and "wrong" display in the live view of custom css editor)

Hi, I am very pleased with the Dynamik Website builder. It has helped med leaern a lot about css, and some of the ins and outs about theming wordpress. But I have a problem. That is, two problems.

First things first:

I've tried to make blockquotes into pull quotes with a right float and a stylish open-quote. I've used the following code that I paste into the custom css editor. In the "live view it produce the right result, but as soon as I save the changes I made it swaps the quote with the unicode number 201C rather than the charater itself. (see attached picture) My questions are:

1. What accounts for the difference in the Live view of the custom css editor and the way it page look after I've saved it.

And

2. I suspect there is something wrong with the code (there must be), even if it is displaye correctly by the Live editor. Can anyone help me identifying the problem, please. The code is below.

Best Wishes, Plovski

.content blockquote {
    width:60%;
    color: #000;
    float: right;
    margin: 0.5em 10px 10px 30px;
    padding: 0.5em 10px;
    quotes: "\201C" "\201D" "\2018" "\2019";
    }

.content blockquote:before {
    color: #000;
    background-color: grey;
    content: open-quote;
    font-size: 4em;
    line-height: 0.1em;
    margin-right: 0.25em;
    vertical-align: -35px;
    }

.content blockquote p {
    display: inline;
    }

Did you try your CSS without live view (deactivate live view editor)? Couldn´t tell what accounts for the difference (that might rather be a question for support staff). Seeing we don´t have a URL, it´s a bit harder to help. I´d suggest validating your CSS with an online validator to make sure there is no error in your CSS that would keep this from working.

Beside that, the comments in these threads might help you to try variations and find the culprit:
    https://css-tricks.com/almanac/properties/q/quotes/
    https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/...quote-styling/
    Last edited by SiGa; 01-07-2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X