Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to have posts end with dot html = .html ? Do I need code to make this happen?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to have posts end with dot html = .html ? Do I need code to make this happen?

I've got a little website that is a great earner on AdSense. ALL the posts (not the pages - but there are only two pages) end with .html. Even when you create a new post - it ends in .html. The site has gone bad and I want to do a fast rebuild on Genesis/Dynamik before I lose the Google Love... I bought this site years ago - and have several that do the same thing. HOW do I make that happen in Genesis/Dynamik? I want the post names to be exactly the same so search is happy... Do I need some special code? Or what?

Example: http://dev.spaxxxx.online/irxxxxxxn/wordpress/test.html

"The site has gone bad" - not sure what that means - more details might help. You could redirect the old URL's to the new WP-ones using either plain htaccess or a plugin. There are helpful articles/tutorials out there if you google that.
    Last edited by SiGa; 03-11-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Hey. Might not fully get the issue, but did you try changing /%category%/%postname%/ to /%category%/%postname%.html in the settings?

Comment

"Site has gone bad" means I need to rebuild it from scratch. Yes - /%postname%.html in the Custom Structure line of Permalinks did the job. Simple, fast easy. Perfect!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X