Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elementor and Dynamic Website Builder "the_content" area was not found in your page

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elementor and Dynamic Website Builder "the_content" area was not found in your page

Hello all,

I am trying to run the elementor page builder on our dynamic website builder test site.

When I start using it on a post or a page I always receive the same error message:

The Content Area Was Not Found in Your Page

"Sorry, the content area was not found in your page. You must call the_content function in the current template, in order for Elementor to work on this page."

I am then referred to this help page on the elementor.com site:
    https://docs.elementor.com/article/5...area-not-found

However, I am a total newbie and have no idea how to call "the_content" function in DWB.

Has anybody got elementor page builder running on a DWB site?

How could I solve this problem.

Would be great if anybody could help.

Thanks in advance.

I am successfully using Elementor with DWB on my local test site. Here are a few things you may want to try:

- make sure that everything is at the latest version: WP, Genesis, DWB, Elementor
    - check you PHP version: should be above 5.4 and preferably above 5.6
    - check your Permalinks: set them to Post Name and save changes
    - Dashboard > Elementor > Tools > click the Regenerate CSS and Sync Library

Is this a local test site and if so, what local server and operating system?

Cheers!
    Lyle

Comment

Hello Lyle,

Thanks for pitching in some ideas to look at. Here a quick reply:

make sure that everything is the latest version: WP, Genesis, DWB, Elementor
      - yes - all updated.

check your PHP version: should be above 5.4 and preferably above 5.6
      - running 5.6

check your Permalinks: set them to Post Name and save changes
      - set to post name

Dashboard > Elementor > Tools > click the Regenerate CSS and Sync Library
      - regenerated

Is this a local test site and if so, what local server and operating system?
      - its a test website ( http://www.freshdia.com/ ) on a Linux (Nginx) server.

Still same error, Elementor telling me "the_content" was not found and i should go and read:
      https://docs.elementor.com/article/5...area-not-found

If i swap to another theme, e.g. Twenty Thirteen, Elementor runs perfectly fine.

I am super confused on where to look next.

Any other ideas would be really appreciated.

Hubert

Comment

... so after some testing here is what I found regarding the Elementor Page builder running on a Dynamik Website Builder setup:

+ If I UN-check the option "Activate Genesis HTML5 Markup" in DWB (in Dynamik Settings/General Settings):
        - Elementor works perfectly fine both for pages and for posts.

+ IF I CHECK the option "Activate Genesis HTML5 Markup" in DWB:

- POSTS do NOT work with Elementor ( gives the above "the_content" not found error)

- PAGES do Work with Elementor, if I select the "Page Builder" template from the "Page Attribute" metabox in the page edit window.

I would like to apply the DWB "Page Builder" template to POSTS, but I do not have any "Post Attribute" metabox in my Post Edit window (it's not even in the top "Options" area).

The question is now:

How do I get a "Post Attributes" metabox show up in the post edit window, to select the "Page Builder" template for my POSTS as well?

or any other idea to work around this and get Elementor working on Posts with DWB under HTML5.

Please help.

Comment

For full with post, I would use Genesis Dambuster plugin.
          I use Dambuster extensively on my sandbox site to make post act like pages.

Comment

Working...
          X