Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you set about building this design with DWB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you set about building this design with DWB?

It's a little while since I've used DWB for something new. I'm looking at building the design layout attached which has a 'blocks' kind of layout on all pages, some of which have a partial coloured transparency through to the outer background image, which is tiled I guess.

What's the best way to set about this? After getting my DWB options set, I've always just coded everything in the page editor and put my CSS in the Custom panel as I go. But I'm wondering whether this is a good time to learn how to do custom fields to make it a bit more user friendly for editing the pages? (The client doesn't necessarily want to be able to edit it, it's more that I want to improve my own skills)

For a few rows or blocks you could well make templates with custom fields.
    But for a layout as extensive as this one I would recommend to go with a pagebuilder, it will surely make your life much easier. Plus you can easily reposition rows and it´s more user friendly.
    Beaver Builder and Elementor are both good plugins with a free version and premium versions if you need to extend.

Comment

Great - thank you. I've used Fusion Builder (bundled with Avada, the popular super-theme on Themeforest) - are Beaver Builder and Elementor similar ideas? Not come across either.

Comment

I think so. Never actually used Avada though. Use the names in forum search and you will find some helpful threads. Sniffle Valve is our pagebuilder expert here.

Comment

Brill, thanks. And so in this case, I'd set my 'sheet' divs with transparent backgrounds and all my blocks in my page builder would have either a white or coloured partially transparent one?

Comment

You would use the Pagebuilder template that comes with Dynamik and do all the content and colors with the pagebuilder then. But really, you should search and watch some videos to have a starting point.

Comment

Stick with Beaver Builder, It is a favorite among Dynamik/gen users. Support is also quite good.
              I would stay away for most everything on Themeforest. Support is spotty at best.

Comment

Originally posted by SiGa View Post
                You would use the Pagebuilder template that comes with Dynamik and do all the content and colors with the pagebuilder then. But really, you should search and watch some videos to have a starting point.
                Ok cool. Is the Pagebuilder template something that comes with v.2.x? I'm still on 1.9.9.

Comment

• SiGa
                  SiGa commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Didn´t you find it? Should be there. Anything that holds you back from updating?

Originally posted by Sogwap View Post
                Stick with Beaver Builder, It is a favorite among Dynamik/gen users. Support is also quite good.
                I would stay away for most everything on Themeforest. Support is spotty at best.
                Oh in general I'd agree - Avada has a couple of templates with it that work great out of the box. There are loads of nice looking nursery templates on there but I wanted to do this job properly, which is why I let the graphic designer have free reign, and why I had to come here to work out how to set about it!!

Comment

Working...
                X