Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

301 functionality gone from Yoast but available in Genesis Club Lite, however...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 301 functionality gone from Yoast but available in Genesis Club Lite, however...

Hi Guys

I have a client who has a site built with cold fusion and it is shortly going to be replaced with one I have built with DWB. I have installed Genesis Club Lite for the now missing 301 Yoast functionality.

However, am I right in thinking that I put the old url’s in the 301? The phrasing of the ‘?’ help is ‘specify the url where you this page to be redirected’ I assume the word ‘wish’ is missing but in either case surely I want to tell Google the old address and the new address. Do I put the old address in here?
    Your thoughts please!
    Last edited by Nick09; 04-18-2017, 11:17 AM. Reason: Added dialogue box pic

The dialogue box...

Comment

Sorry to say I don´t use this plugin. When I need to redirect, I usually do it per htaccess, without a plugin. But afaik, there is support for it, no? Did you try?
      To me, that reads like you should put the new/recent URL there, but that´s just guessing.

Comment

Thanks SiGa, I've had a bad experience with htaccess before but it's probably time to revisit and get it right I'll try it on a less important site first though just in case.

Comment

• SiGa
          SiGa commented
          Editing a comment
          There´s always a first time, for everything, but actually, it´s not too hard and it´s worth learning. There are myriads of good tutorials out there.

Looking forward to that warm glow of doing the right thing! Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X