Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbPress Forums page not working

Hi guys,

Read through all the bbPress messages and nobody else with same, common theme problem I have encountered.

After installation of plugin, creation of several forums, and then a 'Forums' page for the [bbp-forum-index] shortcode to display forums. Problem is, forums do not display on page. I can access forums Ok directly, and post/reply Ok. But Forums master page just shows a few lines of text relating to the forums it is not displaying.

bbPress advise contacting theme developer. In addition, a common fix is to check page.php and ensure the_post() function comes before the_content(). I have looked in Dynamik's page_builder.php and these functions are correctly written.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
    Richard

Hi guys,

I dropped bbPress earlier as could not get it to work with Dynamik Website Builder. But now back with another site and trying to use bbPress again.

bbPress works fine when I switch to WP 2018 theme, but with DWB it will not load the main root forums page. All I get is a archive page with same slug as Forums page (the page created with bbPress shortcode).

Anyone with same problem and solution? What is DWB doing here? bbPress is supposed to be fully WP compatible.

Hope to hear from someone.

Best regards,
    Richard

Comment

OK, I finally got it to work!

Following the bbPress docs and using a copy of /themes/dynamik-gen/page-builder.php template file. As instructed in bbPress docs, I simply renamed file as bbpress.php and dropped it in the /dynamik-gen folder.

Ok, but as you know, any update on DWB wipes out this file and I have to manually upload again. So, I then tried creating bbpress.php as a DWB custom template. File saved Ok in the /my-templates folder. BUT bbpress does not find it so had to move back to /dynamik-gen/ folder.

Q: If I leave a copy of bbpress.php inside the /my-templates folder (in addition to /dynamik-gen/ folder), will a future DWB update copy this file to main folder?
      Or should I just leave bbpress.php copy in /my-templates for me to copy across manually? (If I remember!)

Enough for now then. Not even sure anyone comes here anymore. I did not sign up for enhanced support given my part-time web work. ; (

Best regards,
      Richard

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        You might want to contact support team from your My Account page (not sure what you mean when you say "sign up for enhanced support"?). I don´t use BB Press and can´t help you with that. Also you might want to start using the new forum. Chances are higher there.
        https://docs.cobaltapps.com/article/...k-auto-updates

Did you also try to choose "Wordpress template" for your template? https://docs.cobaltapps.com/article/67-custom-templates

"A Custom " WordPress Template" is a custom version of a default template file found in WordPress. For example you could create a custom version of the single.php file making it so all single posts take on your custom version of that template. Note that these types of templates will be placed in your Child Theme's root directory." (Just don´t use a WordPress file name, but you could use "bbpress")

Comment

Hi SiGa,

Yes, you got me on track Ok. I had not used the "WordPress Template" as I should have, and after creating the bbpress.php file there, it does as you say and drops file into root folder. Now my forum is working as it should, so many thanks for that.

I assume a DWB update will recreate the custom bbpress.php, as that is not specifically make clear in the docs referred to, but as a custom creation it follows it should. I will soon find out if not. ; )

Ref my "sign up for enhanced support" I was referring to paid support that Eric was emailing us all about some time ago. As this forum is so quiet I assumed this was for the guys who have not paid for support, that's all. I will check out the new forum, but if that is also open to members who have not subscribed to Eric's support packages, why keep this forum here open? Better to close it to new messages and refer visitors to new forum, right?

I read a blog post where Eric was talking about moving away from the VBulletin forum software here to bbpress, so certainly should be more messages over in new forum on bbPress topic(?).

Thanks again for you valuable help.
        Best regards,
        Richard

Comment

Working...
        X