Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Top EZ Widget areas and custom navigation

Hello all

This is my first time using Dynamik, although I am familiar with Genesis and have used Genesis Extender once before.

What I am trying to do is position a div containing text and a full-width background image in between two nav areas on the home page and to partially extend behind the site header. I have attached an example image.

I had this working by using the Feature Top EZ widget area for the full width div and then I added a third menu location that I hooked into the 'dynamik_hook_before_ez_home' position. But, of course, this gives me the problem of this navigation not showing on any other pages.

I wondered if I would be able to achieve what I am after by moving the Feature top widget area to the 'genesis_header' location and, if so, how this might be done?

I am open to any other suggestions to achieve my aim.

I have started with the Freshly skin, if that helps.

Front end password: Dynamik123

Very grateful for any help.
    Attached Files

I think my free skin Amare would fit your needs or be a good start for edits (it´s based on Freshly). See here: http://cobaltapps.club/forum/main-ca...-and-tutorials

Comment

Thank you SiGa, that does look like it would fit the bill and I may well give it a try

However It would be a very useful learning excercise it would be possible to achieve it by making the customisations myself

Comment

I would suggest to download the skin, open the skin files (CSS, JS, PHP) and inspect and transfer the snippets you want to use to your installation then. I commented the code which should help with learning.
        In the PHP/functions file of the skin you´ll see how I moved the elements (feature top, menu) to achieve what you see.

Comment

Working...
        X