Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edit site-footer: credits and copyright?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit site-footer: credits and copyright?

Without Genesis Simple Edits, how are we supposed to edit the "credit bar" (site-footer):

Copyright © 2017 · Dynamik Website Builder on Genesis Framework · WordPress · Log in

What widget is this in? Where is it hidden?

Why not use Simple Edits?

The other options is code it with PHP. I am proficient with PHP but I've always used the Genesis Simple Edits plugin. It is lightweight and it just works.

Comment

I have no problem with Simple Edits and we do use it. I simply thought that there was a better way to edit this area. It is a feature of DWB so I'm surprised they don't have widget area for it.

Curious, what is the PHP code for it it and where does it go? Functions.php?

Comment

This tutorial will show you how ... I do believe it was Silvia who provided the code here initially

http://snifflevalve.com/tutorials/dy...hout-a-plugin/

Cheers!
        Lyle

Comment

.... and the forum search should come up with a thread how to replace that with a footer widget so you´ll have to use PHP only once and customers are able to edit it from Appearance - Widgets later, anytime.

Comment

I like Sniffle's PHP solution but my clients will never figure that out so using the Gen Simple Edits is fine. I guess what I don't understand is why DWB does not come with a user-configurable widget area for copyright/credits. Maybe it is because Simple Edits handles it so well?

Comment

Working...
            X