add hook location on page template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add hook location on page template

not sure if this is a silly question or not... but i've figured out how to get breadcrumbs to appear conditionally on my page-builder.php pages, however they appear outside of the content in my BB layouts. i can adjust this with loads of media queries but am wondering if its possible to add a hook back into the template that's more in line with the width of the genesis_before_content or genesis_before_loop hooks?

thanks for any insight.

site password: beets

I don´t know your default width and media queries but you could simply write a bit custom CSS and put it in a media query for only larger screens, something like:

Code:
    body.page-template-page-builder .breadcrumb {
    max-width: 1140px ;
    display:block;
    margin: 0 auto;
    ...other....
    }
    Or you could digg Beaver community if there´s a hook available that puts it into Beaver content area. The pagebuilder template naturally removes all Genesis/DWB divs/wrapper that would restrict width so that pagebuilders can go full width.

OR you could even digg for articles how to do your breadcrumbs with Beaver (maybe there´s a module out there?)...
    Last edited by SiGa; 10-10-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

well that little bit of code worked a treat, thanks! while my css is vastly improved from where it was a couple years ago, those kinds of adjustments are not in my wheelhouse.

that said, im gonna take up your advice about breadcrumbs in BB... that's a great lead.

so appreciate the help

Comment

• SiGa
        SiGa commented
        Editing a comment
        You´re welcome, glad I´ve been able to help.

quick follow up on this— the folks at BB dont have a module for breadcrumbs specifically BUT you can create a breadcrumbs shortcode that you can then place into a BB HTML module anywhere in your layout!

code for breadcrumb shortcode:

HTML Code:
      //* Create shortcode 
      add_shortcode( 'breadcrumbs', 'breadcrumbs_shortcode' );
      function breadcrumbs_shortcode() {
          ob_start();
          genesis_breadcrumb();
          return ob_get_clean();
      }

add_filter( 'widget_text', 'do_shortcode' );
      remove_action( 'genesis_before_loop', 'genesis_do_breadcrumbs' );
      with this in your custom functions, simply place [breadcrumbs] in a HTML widget and you should be good to go!

Comment

Working...
      X